Hoffman Boot Review/Giveaway - Tell us what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mi_fiveo

WKR
Thanks for the chance to give some feedback.

1. I prefer an 8” boot for most hunting situations. I like the extra support over a 6” boot. I never wear 10” boots.

2. I prefer a non insulted boot for most hunting situations.

3. I require a boot to be waterproof and this is very important. Wet feet can make a hunt miserable when your miles from the truck and living on a mountain for days.

4. For additional features I like my boots to be supportive and have a good insole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rd8

FNG
View attachment 123338

Hey Roksliders, we’re happy to be part of this forum and want to get to know you and your footwear needs better. We’d like to kick off this relationship with a complimentary pair of our NEW 10” Hunter Boots (see them here) for one of you. Just tell us a few features you would like to see in our next hunting boots, by answering these question in a short paragraph, and you will be entered in our drawing on October 25th for a pair of boots. Also stay tuned by hitting the “watch” button (upper right of this post in full-site post), as we will be doing this again in the future.

1) Boot Height: 6”, 8” or 10”

2) Insulated (how much) or Non-Insulated

3) Waterproof or Non-waterproof

4) Any added features that would make a good boot even better

Just answer those four questions and you're in for the drawing.

If you win, we'd love to hear about your experiences with the NEW Hunter 10" Boot. Just post up on this thread or link us to a new thread if you start one. Thank you!

View attachment 123339

1.) 8” minimum. 10” is good too.

2.) Non-Insulated

3.) Waterproof

4.) A durable sole is very important, and if a boot has a can be resoled it is a big plus. I’m a wildland firefighter and if they can meet the specs for that I think there is a big demand for hiking style boots (instead of logger).

jdmdavey

Lil-Rokslider
1.) Different Levels of sole stifness
2.)Locking Lace System at the ankle
3.)Waterproofing
4.)Durable Rand
5.) Tread Design that wears allows a softer material up front allowing purchase on bare rocks
6.)Varying Boot Heights 6”-8”-10” 👍🏼

lcpaul22

FNG
1) 10”
2) non-insulated
3) waterproof
4) stiff shank, aggressive tread, high rand and a material that does not crack when the conditioner is washed out and the boot dries.

JoMa

Lil-Rokslider
1) 6"
2) Non-insulated or 200 g
3) Waterproof
4) Good lacing system, good ankle support yet provides some flexibility

ElkStu

FNG
View attachment 123338

Hey Roksliders, we’re happy to be part of this forum and want to get to know you and your footwear needs better. We’d like to kick off this relationship with a complimentary pair of our NEW 10” Hunter Boots (see them here) for one of you. Just tell us a few features you would like to see in our next hunting boots, by answering these question in a short paragraph, and you will be entered in our drawing on October 25th for a pair of boots. Also stay tuned by hitting the “watch” button (upper right of this post in full-site post), as we will be doing this again in the future.

1) Boot Height: 6”, 8” or 10”

2) Insulated (how much) or Non-Insulated

3) Waterproof or Non-waterproof

4) Any added features that would make a good boot even better

Just answer those four questions and you're in for the drawing.

If you win, we'd love to hear about your experiences with the NEW Hunter 10" Boot. Just post up on this thread or link us to a new thread if you start one. Thank you!

View attachment 123339
8" high
Waterproofing is one of the most important features.
600 gram for late season non insulated early season.
I wish someone would step up and provide an insole made for their boot that wasn't a piece of cardboard with felt over it. Good arch support and cushy. I always have to order some type of insole.

Luziana Feller

Lil-Rokslider
1. 6"
2. non-insulated
3. waterproof
4. vibram sole, medium flex (Crispi 3 flex), locking lace lug for locking ankle in place, full rubber rand, laces that run to the toe of the boot for varying fit with different socks. lastly, helium impregnated soles to make my pack lighter.

1) 10"
2) non insulated
3) definitely waterproof!
4) a lace locking system, aggressive tread pattern

Thanks for the opportunity!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

babayaga2440

Lil-Rokslider
1) Boot Height: 8”

2) Insulated (400 GR) / Non-Insulated

3) Waterproof

4) Aggressive sole for side hilling in steep terrain. I’d like to see stiff ankle support for side hilling with heavy loads so it’s harder to torque your ankles side to side yet keeping the mobility front to back.

kestump

Lil-Rokslider
1. 10" height

2. Non-insulated

3. Waterproof

4. I also would love to have this style of boot with an air-bob sole

Thank you!

IrishnId

WKR
1. Gotta be waterproof!
2. Gotta be full leather for durability. I have cordura uppers and like them, but they definitely show rock abrasions.
3. Not super light but not a full leg workout either.
4. For me, I gotta be able to get them in a wide. Dang fat feet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1) Boot Height: 8”.

2) Non-Insulated.

3) Waterproof.

4) Full rand, lightest weight possible. Medium stiffness. Wear east to west for normal hunting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1) 10"
2) non-insulated
3) non waterproof
4) completely eliminate the ankle lacing hook found on so many boots that hits directly on my anklebone every single time and even if skipped - creates a sore on my foot.

(hunt predominantly eastern CO prairie country)

mcr-85

WKR
I would like a full grain leather 8" boot with no insulation, 100% waterproof, with a full rubber rand and that fits perfect. Added bonus if it's not squeaky when walking.

Welcome to rokslide

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Steadman

WKR
For my purposes a 6", non insulated, non water proof boot that would last longer than a year. Lasting longer than a year would be the best benefit! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.