Hoffman Boot Review/Giveaway - Tell us what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawnboi

WKR
1. 10”, personally I like a taller bolt when off trail
2. I feel like a non, 400, and 1000 give options, even better if they are on the same last.
3. Waterproof, no question
4. Full grain leather with minimal seams. Something you can resole, including midsole in house. Aggressive treat. No built in arch support, if I want more I’ll use a more aggressive insole.

Boots look slick. Haven’t looked at your mountain boots but my next pair of pacs will likely come from you based on good Iv read.

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I like 8"

No insulation or at least an option and 200g instead of 400

Always waterproof

Aggressive traction or the bobbed sole, Ankle support, good laces, The lighter the better. And i personally like a synthetic boot for early season and leather for the cold. Also it should go without saying that this boot should carry a lifetime warranty of the workmanship. Nothing worse than being told you have to pay again when the sole is falling off after a season or the rubber rand is completely separated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Justin_the_EDG

Lil-Rokslider
Very cool GAW and great looking boots.

FYI, heard about it on the Rokcast.

1. 8"

2. Non-insulated

3. Waterproof

4. A stiff sole with at least moderate flexibility in the upper. Not a fan of sore feet from strolling through rocky terrain with soft sole boots, but like a more breathable boot overall.

Thanks for the opportunity!

warm weather boot
probably 8" height
non insulated
NON waterproof
no or very little lining in the boot for hot weather

cold/snow boot
10 inch height
800 gram insulation
waterproof
airbob sole.

both boots fairly stiff soled and all leather

Krim559

Lil-Rokslider
1. 8" for the early to mid season on the Western side of the country.

2. Non-insulated for the dryer months

3. Waterproof

4. Steel or fiberglass shank (fiberglass to lighten the weight of the boot) Full lace boot.

I have a pair of your boots I use for climbing poles and I love the idea of a boot with the structure of a climbing boot and the versatility of a light weight hicking/hunting boot. Breathable but can handle daily use in rugged terrain.

Hope this helps!

1) Boot Height: 8” or 10" - 9" is the sweet spot for me and could be happy with 8 or 10.

2) Non-Insulated

3) Waterproof

4) pretty stiff sole with some rocker to help support a smooth stride in the flats. Example of my desired sole stiffness is in the realm of boots like crispi briksdal sf, kenetrek mountain extreme, zamberlan 981/966. At this level of stiffness it is important to me to still have some cushion in the midsole or my feet/ankles/legs feel beat up in short order. Very supportive horizontally to aid side hilling, less stiff front to back to avoid a ton of pressure on your heel (not sure how feasible it is to have both). Precise (lower volume) fit from forefoot to shin with a wider toe box that will not rub on small toes.

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
1) 8"
2) Non-Insulated
3) Waterproof
4) A quality insole. Never understood why a hunter pays for a boot and still has to go buy a good insole. Should come with the boot to begin with.

MJ360

FNG
1) Boot Height: 8"

2) 400 grams

3) Definitely waterproof breathable (Goretex or equivalent)

4) For me it would be ease of getting on and off. ie: Side Zip or BOA system.

264win

WKR
6” uninsulated for early season
10” with 400g for late season
Definitely waterproof.
Good heel pocket like Asolo boots.

My complaint with many high end boots Is the insole.
They are designed with a thin, cheap insole. If you replace it with a quality one, the boot doesn’t fit right anymore.
A $3-500.00 pair of boots should come with a good quality insole

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
1) 8 or 10"
2) non-insulated and 400gr thinsulate options (is more than 400 is needed then I'm going to a pac boot)
3) waterproof
4) all leather, minimal seams, rubber rand

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
1) 8” or 10” depending on the boot
2) I usually do not get insulated, my feet get sweaty
3) I almost always get waterproof
4) Large sizes. That’s how I ended up with my Hoffman Explorers in the first place. I have a size 15 and few people make a good boot in that size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabelas use to make a boot called the Outfitter Series.

View attachment 123341

With the Airbob soles.

View attachment 123342

Its was thee best value on the planet for hunting boots! One pair would actually last the entire season. And even when worn out they were still water proof.

And those soles are the best traction, bar none for all round use from the great plains to the rocky mountains.

But of course the idiots discontinued them.

Buy a pair of those off ebay, reverse engineer them, offer at non rapey price point, and you'll own the boot world.

Just saying

hunterjmj

WKR
1. 6"
2. Non-insulated ( I think this may be a personal preference thing, my feet run warm)
3. Definitely waterproof
4. Ability to cinch down tight and stay that way.
I bought the Hoffman explorer lights last year and love them. The tread is aggressive but the boot isn't super stiff. I hunt some steep stuff, some flat stuff, muddy stuff, wet stuff and they have performed perfectly. They fit the bill perfectly for the type of hunting I do and held up super well last year. I paid $355 which is a great deal and less than what similar boots cost.

1) Boot Height: 10”

2) Non-Insulated

3) Non-waterproof

4) Rubber rand, aggressive sole, good eyelets.

Just answer those four questions and you're in for the drawing.

8”
Non insulated
Waterproof
An aggressive sole that handles mud clearing yet has the ability to handle wet situations well. Hell a caulk option.... wish I lived closer to you guys

1. 10”
2. Non-insulated for early, insulated for late
3. Definitely waterproof
4. Durable, semi stiff, strong laces and made locally in Kellogg!

q2xlman

FNG
8” with 400 gram insulation, medium sole enough for good support but not mountaineering stiff, still wanna feel the ground, quality insoles as comfort is everything. Waterproof as well as quality durable laces that aren’t gonna break 12 miles deep.

Welcome to Rokslide! I wore Hoffman corks when I was a young man in the woods as a knot bumper and then as a faller . Features I request:
1. Ankle support.
2. Waterproof.
3. Rebuildable.
4. US made.
Not necessarily in that order!

Status
Not open for further replies.