Hoffman Explorer boots, anyone used them?

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking into getting a new pair of boots and looking at these and a few others. My options are limited as I wear a size 15w and only a few people make them in canoe size. I came across these and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them. Was not able to find too much online about them review wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BluMtn

WKR
A friend of mine wears Hoffmans and has really good luck with them. When he gets his boots resoled or buys another pair he makes the trip to Kellogg and drops off or picks up.

kipper09

WKR
I would say you would be hard pressed to find a much better boot. I have been wearing a pair for close to a year and they are great boots. I have the explorers and they are pretty stiff but not overly. I think they are a great boot for most applications. They fit very similar to a kenetrek and the lacing system is identical pretty much. They broke in reasonably quick. Probably 20-30 miles. I honestly think they are almost a mirror of a kenetrek but with a Vibram sole and a 5mm shank instead of a 7mm. This is my best guess anyways. I don’t think you would be let down by any means.

PNWGATOR

WKR
I’m in the market for new boots in ‘19 and am going to run over to Hoffman’s and see how their Explorers fit. They appear to be a well designed and manufactured product.

OP
N

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input. I ordered a pair and hoping that they work out. Finding a decent boot in large sizes an be like hunting a unicorn.