Hoffman Mountaineer Pac Boot Review **Updated 1/30/22**

DESERT ED

FNG
Same. Ordered Hoffman pacs last year. One size up and they were too small, 2 sizes up were way too big. Ordered the Schnee pull on pacs this summer and think I will have the same problem with sizing. Be great for some half sizes above 12. Both are very well made.

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Huh, look at that. They did!

Just got a pair of Outbacks in. Might have to re-size and went looking for some other sizing input. Ordered one size up as instructed for the Outbacks (thinsulate liners) but have way too much room in the footbox to hike with them. Even with thick socks and an extra ankle sock. Already emailed their CS.

Anyone else have sizing experience with the thinsulate Hoffman pacs?
Normally that is the case with this boot. Sorry for the problem but we can get you a different pair going soon. Please just include a note with these when sending them back.

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
These are pac boots so they are heavy and for cold weather. They will work in the temperature range you are thinking. They work well for sitting, ice fishing and still hunting. However, they are not meant for long or difficult hiking as they do not have a stiff sole or shank in them. I do hunt late season Elk and late season mulies using these boots when it is very cold or the snow is deep, or if I plan on sitting for long periods or I am standing on ice. They are great boots and IMHO the best pac boots I have worn but they are not meant as a mountain hunting boot.
correct - pacs are great for shorter distances or hunts with a lot of still time mixed in. If you are active in colder weather and hiking longer distances, I would look at something like the 800Gr Hunter. I really enjoy this boot for my November hunts.

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Same. Ordered Hoffman pacs last year. One size up and they were too small, 2 sizes up were way too big. Ordered the Schnee pull on pacs this summer and think I will have the same problem with sizing. Be great for some half sizes above 12. Both are very well made.
give me a call sometime and we can discuss some options. Jim Hoffman 208-786-4851

Thanks Jim, I called last week and your CS rep was very helpful in confirming that I should try a size 8 and walking me through the exchange process. Should have a pair that fits in hand before my trip!

sndmn11

WKR
@Justin Crossley if you pull your liners out what does the footbed look like? I have a bunch of black circles that could be dye from the felt liner or I suppose some kind of microbial. @Hoffman Boots thought it was dye when I talked to them over the phone, but hasn't replied when I emailed pictures. You and I bought these about the same time, so I am curious what yours are like.

For clarity to anyone reading, I have no negative feelings at all, I LOVE my Hoffman pacs and I will probably get an Outdoorsman pair for upland birds.

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Please send that picture again to jimh@hoffmanboots,com. Call when you send it and we can take a look. Most likely from the liner. Do you happen to run a insole with these also? 208-786-4851

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
@Justin Crossley if you pull your liners out what does the footbed look like? I have a bunch of black circles that could be dye from the felt liner or I suppose some kind of microbial. @Hoffman Boots thought it was dye when I talked to them over the phone, but hasn't replied when I emailed pictures. You and I bought these about the same time, so I am curious what yours are like.

For clarity to anyone reading, I have no negative feelings at all, I LOVE my Hoffman pacs and I will probably get an Outdoorsman pair for upland birds.

Mine have what looks like some staining from the liner—nothing concerning, in my opinion.

1000002674.jpg