Hoffman Mountaineer Pac Boot Review **Updated 1/30/22**

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone use for horseback hunts?

Beyond about October 15 pac boots are about all I use on horseback hunts. About the only way to stay warm for me. Just not hiking enough to generate heat, and in insulated boots, sweat accumulates over the days. At least with a pac boot you can pull them apart and get them dry. Very tough to dry out a 800 gm+ Thinsulate boot that has gore tex liner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear both air bobs and corks - both made by Hoffman. They fit firm and comfortable and are always warm. No blisters or irritations from day one on. They make a sole with corks mixed to give you stability on wood and slimey ground.

You can't beat these boots. Everyone in my hunt group wear Hoffmans.

Hey Roksliders, I just picked up my first pair of Pac Boots this week. I decided to go with Hoffman Mountaineers. I'm taking them with me on my Colorado deer hunt next week and then plan to use them for some winter predator hunting I have planned.

My feet are size 9 1/2 and I ordered size 9 per their direction. The boots seem to have plenty of room, even with thick winter socks. They are obviously bulky and heavy compared to my hunting boots but that's okay if they keep me comfortable longer while glassing in the cold. I'll post updates here as I use them so let me know if you have any questions.

**Update 1/30/22** Hoffman Mounaineer Pac Boot Review

View attachment 343205
How do they feel right out of the box are they pretty comfortable? thanks

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
@Hoffman Boots is the cowboy style pack as warm as the mountaineer? Was just trying to decide which of those to put in my cart over the weekend.

They just left for Western Hunt Expo so it may take a while for a reply.

How do they feel right out of the box are they pretty comfortable? thanks

They were comfortable from the start. The only thing I noticed was they felt too loose but they actually worked well.

Hey Roksliders, I just picked up my first pair of Pac Boots this week. I decided to go with Hoffman Mountaineers. I'm taking them with me on my Colorado deer hunt next week and then plan to use them for some winter predator hunting I have planned.

My feet are size 9 1/2 and I ordered size 9 per their direction. The boots seem to have plenty of room, even with thick winter socks. They are obviously bulky and heavy compared to my hunting boots but that's okay if they keep me comfortable longer while glassing in the cold. I'll post updates here as I use them so let me know if you have any questions.

View attachment 343205
Way nice. My Grandpa swore by his pac boots

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
I wear a 13 wide in Lowa, Schnees leather boots and sneakers. Would I order a pair of the mountaineers ones a 13 or 14?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I wear a 13 wide in Lowa, Schnees leather boots and sneakers. Would I order a pair of the mountaineers ones a 13 or 14?
I think you'll want to call @hoffmon that one but their website says 14 in that situation. I personally would try the 13 first since I thought they were plenty wide.

Black ice

FNG
Anybody give me a comparison on the Hoffman pacs vs. Kenetrek grizzly pac?
I've got the grizzly 10's right now, like em for cold weather but not sure the support is there if i need em in WY this fall.

HoffmanBoots

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor

View attachment 343205
Good luck on your hunt Justin and I hope your toes stay warm.

prm

WKR
@Justin Crossley You mentioned sizing down, while their website says to size up from 1/2 sizes. I am typically an 8.5 or 9 and was planning on going with a 9. Any reason to change that?
Thanks for the review!