Hoffman Outbacks ankle support strap

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
I'm comparing two pac boots - the Hoffman Outback and the Thinsulate Pro Series. From what I can tell, the two are very similar except for the addition of an ankle stabilizer strap on the Outback. I like the idea of more ankle stability in a pac boot, but I'm curious if it is effective and/or comfortable. The Thins. Pro Series boots look good, too, and I'd happily save $10 is the ankle strap isn't a good addition.

Any users of the either model here? I'd love to know what you think.

tdhanses

WKR
I had the strap added to the regular pac boots, I like it and think it’s worth the cheap cost to add it. Good thing is if you don’t like it don’t tighten it.

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I had a pair made with what I wanted(including outback straps) and even had the 2nd shank removed last year based off a new hunting area. They are able to accommodate a lot of preferences. I think the straps are very much worth it but if $10 keeps you from hunting then maybe you can add them next year.

OP
D

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
I think the straps are very much worth it but if $10 keeps you from hunting then maybe you can add them next year.
It’s not the cost that would stop me from getting the model with the ankle strap. Just wondering if it’s a good addition.

chinook907

Lil-Rokslider
Really like my Outbacks. Have not worn them without the ankle strap, so can't speak to that directly. But they don't "slip" on my leg or foot like pack boots sometimes do, and maybe it's the ankle strap ?

OP
D

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone for the responses. Sounds like the Outbacks are a great choice.