Hoffman pac boot initial fit

I’ve been considering some nice pac boots and recently had the chance to try on some Hoffmans.

The 10’s were comfortable but I wouldn’t want them to be any looser. The 9’s were snug to the point of being a little uncomfortable.

Should I count on the felt liners packing out with use and go with the smaller size? Of are the felt liners resilient enough that I can count on the fit staying pretty much the same over time?

Lawnboi

WKR
You can add insoles under as well to eat up some room. That’s what I have done with a pair that was between sizes, added a think felt I sold under the liner to ear up some room. Many companies make different thickness insoles like this, adds more insulation under the foot too which helps.

You don’t want tight pac boots. They are also not designed to fit like a mountain boot either.

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same issue with mine. 10 were tight and 11 are loose. I went with the 11 but wish I would have kept the 10. I feel like they stretch out. I like them but they are already oversized and feel "clunky" in my feet....

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

shtrbc

Lil-Rokslider
As stated above, insoles are your friend. From my experience, that method works well. If they are too tight, your feet will get cold for sure. I opt for the pack boots when its below 10*F and/or when I plan to sit in a stand or blind for long periods of time. For steep climbing the support isn't there but that doesn't mean they aren't a great boot. For me, if I'm moving, I don't need a lot of insulation.

N.ID7803

WKR
I would go with the smaller size. The felt liner will break down overtime. I bought a 12 a long time ago and every time I wear them I wish I would have bought the 11. Love my Hoffman pacs!

I was in this boat last year. Called them, talked to someone there and they recommended a 10. Got them and they were too tight. I exchanged for 11s. They were too loose. So I added a thick set of insoles under the felt and they fit perfect after that.