hoffman pac boots or cabelas outfitter 400

daddie63

WKR
I'm trying to decide between these 2 boots for an upcoming late season cow elk hunt in Utah. Last year was my 1st late season hunt and I wore my lowa Ranger uninsulated boots with thick Dan Tough socks. Temps were in the single digits and my feet got a little cold. Not frozen just cold.
I really only need these boots for maybe one hunt a year in the cold so don't want to spend a ton if I don't have to. Im thinking there isn't going to be a ton of hiking but maybe a couple miles at best. So I've narrowed my choices to these 2 boots based on the insulation I think Im going to need and price.
Anyone have an opinion or suggestion? Thanks a lot.

I know guys at work swear by their hoffman pac boots. I own two pair of schnees pac boots I really like. Both would be great choices.

OP
D

daddie63

WKR
Thanks Brian. I looked at the Schnees too and they look good as well.

For the price and quality and USA made. I went with Hoffman's. I don't have yet but am expecting great things. They are done. I was hoping to get by and pick them up but may end up having them shipped. Between your two options it is a no brainer imho.

Hoffman's and Schnees both make great pack boots. I have a pair of the Schnee's Hunter II boots and love them. Very comfortable, warm, and the traction is great.

OP
D

daddie63

WKR
Thanks gents. Hoffman was where I was leaning so thanks for the input.