Hoffman Pac Boots - When do you use your Pacs? Win a free pair!!

Packs are great for those extended time in snow, late season hunting situations. That’s my primary usage of them.

tdhanses

WKR
I have only used pac boots when it is under 30* and either I’m not going far or in deep snow but not deep enough for snow shoes, mainly to keep feet warm only. I have yet to try quality pack boots so I don’t tend to use them as much. I find most are very loose fitting and heavy, not a good combination for walking.

Because of my experience I’ve not invested in a quality pac boot because I really don’t know if I would find them usable. Maybe I’m wrong but for $300-$400 I just haven’t taken the chance to see.

So I don’t use them much unless I’m not going far, maybe I’m missing out and I would be interested to give these a fair try and honest review to see if they are something I can utilize for long distances in the cold and snow without sacrificing fit.

I’ve been using the Wiggies for the past 5 years or so, many great reviews when I bought, they have kept me from investing more because they are horrible fitting but yup they are warm, hate walking more then a few hundred yards in these things. As you can see, they don’t look worn out because I really try to only use them when I really have to.

254F9D04-83D8-4233-8EA6-2CA4A0CF1C87.jpeg

Last edited:

Bavariaks

FNG
I would like to answer the question but do not have a pair of pac boots. Every time it snows or gets below 20 I wished I had a pair.

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
Had a pair of lacrosse iceman years ago that I'd pretty much only wear ice fishing. I switched to mucks and/or alpha burly pro's and wear them petty much from early November and sometimes into spring turkey hunting. I just started looking at pac boots again. If y'all read this comment and want to send me a pair, I'd gladly try 'em out!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

brsnow

WKR
I should be wearing them on my late season cow hunts, my feet freeze! I am as thinking of heated socks or insoles. If your boots work for hiking and glassing cold mountain weather I will pick up a pair. Thank you

Wish I had a pair of pacs to tell you when I wear them! Instead I tough it out through deer season when I should be wearing an insulated boot.

Powerman

FNG
At about 20° down to -30° and colder my Hoffman pacs go on. Being a lineman they see plenty of adverse weather conditions. Thanks Hoffman for keeping my feet comfortable in very uncomfortable environments.

I do not currently own or run a pair of pac boots. Although there is times of love to have a pair. They definitely have thier place, I just haven't broke down and bought a quality pair. Last time I wore a pair was many years ago and they were Sorels. I loved them in the cold and snow back then.

Battle

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have pacs yet. I really should be getting a pair for November hunts, especially when using horses.

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
I'd wear pac boots when tree stand hunting in temps below freezing and when ice fishing. I also will switch to pac boots in extreme cold at work.

Rob5589

WKR
Last time I ran my pacs was the last time I ran them (3-4 years ago). Uncomfortable, slipped around, and not much warmth for as thick as the liner was/is. I generally hunt early season (archery) and do not need pacs. But now that I am rifle hunting again with my daughter, I realized this past season it is time to explore a quality pac boot, for both of us. Icy toes hurt🥶

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Merry Christmas Rokslide family. I hope everyone had a joyful holiday with friends and family. I do apologize for not reporting in sooner but this time of year, things are absolutely crazy here and there where a bunch of entries to read through. I very much appreciate all of the input and post that everyone made, fantastic comments and input on pac boots. Hopefully this has been a little educational to some and maybe opened some eyes on the benefits of wearing this type of boot in certain situations. Now, lets pick a winner.
There was some awesome responses, again thank you all.

For this forum thread, the winner of a new pair of Hoffman Guides or Mountaineer boots is member Runningwater.

Please contact Jim at Hoffman Boots, my direct number is 208-786-4851.

For those who did not win, stay posted as we will have more forum giveaways. Remember, Hoffman's offers a 15% discount on all boots to Rokslide members. Simply go to our website, www.hoffmanboots.com, choose your boot and enter the coupon code Rokslide15.

Happy holidays to everyone and I hope 2020 brings you and your families good fortune.

Hoffman Boots