Hoffman Pac Boots - When do you use your Pacs? Win a free pair!!

I wear pacs whitetail hunting in the Midwest and during general outdoor activities in the winter like snowmobiling, snow blowing the driveway, ice fishing, etc. I have a pair of the Hoffman voyager with the ankle straps from the outback added, they have a surprising amount of ankle support. I might use them late season elk this year if conditions dictate.

Jim, what is the difference in weight/bulk between the guide pacs and my voyagers? Just from looking the rubber on the voyagers looks a little more durable but heavier and more bulky but there isn’t thinsulate in them so that might offset things?

KurtR

WKR
I wear mine ice fishing and coyote hunting depending on weather. Alot of all around winter use there is no shortage of that here in Sodak

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I don't own a pair of pacs and have always been interested in a pair. My issue with all boots in general is that when it's COLD 30's and below, yes that's cold for me, my feet freeze. I normally wear rubber boots while hunting and have issues with the cold. Not unbearable but not much fun when in a tree stand all day. So I've been looking for a pair of boots that will keep my feet warm from the 20's and below. Pac boots may be the ticket.

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know if it's a circulation issue or what, but my feet freeze when I sit still for too long, so I switch to an old pair of Sorel pac boots for treestand hunting whitetails as soon as the morning temperatures drop much below about 40 degrees. I bought them at a garage sale on a whim because they were my size, but they've served me well in the stand.

I have an old pair of pacs that I typically wear ice fishing and other less active winter activities ie plowing snow, tree stand hunting, quick errands etc. I am highly interesting in adding a more supportive pac boot with an improved sole to my boot collection. Several Hoffman models appear to fit that mold.

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
I wear them still hunting mule deer in November, snow blowing the driveway, snowshoeing at work, at the hockey arena (it's not heated!), ice fishing, tree stand hunting in October....

Kylep0801

FNG
I researched for over a year and decided to go with hoffman pacs. I have the outdoorsman due to it fitting in a stirrup. I use mine for elk hunting trapping and lion hunting. I have the 400gm liners. Not quiet warm enough but they don't in a stirrup and more importantly come out of a stirrup. I would like to have gotten the double insulated guide but thought it to big for horseback. I will say that from the day I bought them the feel like house slippers.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve worn pacs for 35 years. I was a longtime LLBean guy but switched and have tried several brands since. I have not tried Hoffman yet but will be looking to try them when I wear out my current pac boots. I like 10 inch tall boots and my feet get very cold very quickly. So, I’m looking for extreme warmth and I am also very hard on my boots so I need durability.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I recently bought a pair of Schnee's that I plan to try out when it turns cold for treestand hunting here. I'm in search of a warm boot for treestand hunting.

I would love to try the Hoffman Pac boot to see if they could be my new stand hunting boot.

wseidel

WKR
As a youngster growing up in Northern Minnesota, I quickly learned the value of a good pair of pac boots (classic Sorels at that time) for keeping my feet warm in the winter. As good as they were, the downsides were having to dry the felt liners, poor traction, a "loose" fit, and leaking at the junction between the leather and rubber over time. Fast forward to now, I switch between my Meindl Perfekt Hunters (which I wear for hiking, hunting and our landscape tree business) and my pac boots. Both temperature and my activity level determine when I switch to pac boots. My Meindl's are great boots but I typically switch when the temperature goes below 20 degrees - especially if I will be stand hunting, ice fishing (need waterproof boots), snow blowing or plowing snow with my ATV - any time I will be less active. I've still not found the perfect pac boot but presently have the LaCrosse Alpha Burly and a Baffin Pac Boot that each have some really good features. Though I've heard about Hoffman boots, I've never had the opportunity to see them in person. BTW, if selected, I would be interested in the Hoffman Mountaineer due to the "9mm felt liner with a moisture-absorbing polypropylene backing"...perfect for cold Minnesota winters! Thanks for the opportunity.

I switch from Kennetrek Mountain Extreme 400 gram to Pac’s Below 40 degrees and treestand hunting. After archery I run Pac’s all of Rifle season in PA, all of Flintlock season, all of the goose season field hunting and all winter ice fishing. They are also on the trap line from time to time. Winter coyote hunting is where they really shine. I threw away my Lacrosse Icemans after 22 years as well as my Sorel Dominators and replaced them with Mountaineers. I was due for an upgrade. Ordered extra liners with them.

I wear pacs when horse hunting or when the snow starts to stick. I have bad circulation and thebpacs keepyfeet warmer than leather boots.

I've never owned a pair of pac boots but very interested in trying some for treestand hunting. The felt lined ones especially have me intrigued

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
Pac’s are the only boots for winter.

—Ice fishing
—Late season hunts
—Snowmobiling
—Shoveling
—Walking the dog
—Checkin’ cows
—Chasing lions

Anytime there is snow on the ground, pull out the Pacs.

Mosby

WKR
I wear pack boots when it is damp, wet, cold, muddy, rain, ice or snow. Non leather weather.

I like to wear my pac boots once the temps are in the single digits, make for warm feet sitting in the deer blind.

bhylton

WKR
there are a couple conditions which will cause a switch to pacs. First and most common is wet weather at work or hunting. I have bad luck with gortex boots keeping my feet dry, so i switch to pacs and a gator when its real wet. I will also switch to a pac when the snow is deeper or its a bit colder. i have thinsulate pacs so my feet still get chilled if its real cold out, but i feel keeping my ankles and calfs warmer vs my other boots makes a big difference.

Birdman7

FNG
I used to live in Colorado and Chicago and used to see pac boots all the, but since moving Texas you hardly ever see them. I'm currently using the big heavy all rubber boots when stand hunting, but I'm wanting to get into western hunting since my brother just moved to Las Vegas and am looking into getting a good pair of pac or mountain boots and probably eventually both.

Stikine

FNG
I use my pac boots when the temperatures drop below 20F which isn't too often in SE Alaska. Warmer or wetter conditions I usually wear some insulated Xtratuf rubber boots.

Felix40

WKR
I think the appropriate time for me to break them out is around the first time I need chains to get out of my driveway. Last year that was about the same time as all the late cow hunts started. Checking hunters, looking for stranded hunters, and working wrecks in the snow all day will eat up some leather boots. That has to be one of the more fun parts of the year around here.