Hog hunt options

Gobbler36

WKR
so been trying to put this together for a couple years now and finally wanna pull the trigger on a hog trip this year. I live in Idaho so I’d love to just be able to drive, but im looking for some options that might be out there for an archery hog hunts 2-3 days that I can bring my family on wife and 3 kids under age of 10. I’ve looked into Lake Sonoma which is a viable option but not sure of the success rates and if it’s doable with us. Wouldn’t mind doing a “semi guided” or guided option as long as it wasn’t crazy expensive i think anything over $800 for a single hog is too steep.
anyways looking forward to hearing some ideas. I’m trying to schedule this trip for Jan- February

GSPHUNTER

WKR
If $800 is too steep, forget Cal. Pretty sure that is right around minimum these. days. Maybe $700 for a meat hog. Idaho too Cal. is very doable, and hunts in Central Cal. have a high success rate. I have been successful on all of my hog hunts.

wytx

WKR

Lots of options in Texas.

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
If $800 is too steep, forget Cal. Pretty sure that is right around minimum these. days. Maybe $700 for a meat hog. Idaho too Cal. is very doable, and hunts in Central Cal. have a high success rate. I have been successful on all of my hog hunts.
Did you go guided or public land etc?

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR

Lots of options in Texas.
Thanks I’ll look into their hunta

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Did you go guided or public land etc?
Any real hope of getting into pigs is on private ranches which the guides have rights too. Public land pig hunting in Ca. is like hunting for unicorns. My guide of choice is Nessen Schmidt out of King City.

wytx

WKR
Plenty of free range hog hunts , no high fence needed unless just wanted.
Lots of big hogs along the Red, Oklahoma and Texas.
Stuart Ranch in OK has hog hunts too.

Going down end of Feb for our annual Texas hog hunt on the family place.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
Florida

These look really nice and reasonable

Fyaman1

FNG
so been trying to put this together for a couple years now and finally wanna pull the trigger on a hog trip this year. I live in Idaho so I’d love to just be able to drive, but im looking for some options that might be out there for an archery hog hunts 2-3 days that I can bring my family on wife and 3 kids under age of 10. I’ve looked into Lake Sonoma which is a viable option but not sure of the success rates and if it’s doable with us. Wouldn’t mind doing a “semi guided” or guided option as long as it wasn’t crazy expensive i think anything over $800 for a single hog is too steep.
anyways looking forward to hearing some ideas. I’m trying to schedule this trip for Jan- February
I’m in the same boat, I’ve lived here in the sac area. Looking for pig spots on public lands are drying up/ over pressured it seems like. Lake Sonoma pig hunts are have pretty low success rates at least with the few guys I’ve talked to / hunted with. Been there a few times a couple years ago. Seen lots of sign, only one pig. I’ve known of one pig been killed there and it was pretty deep I guess. The guide fees are pretty steep for me but strongly considering it, lord Knows I’ve spent 10 times that scouting and hunting without success lol.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I’m in the same boat, I’ve lived here in the sac area. Looking for pig spots on public lands are drying up/ over pressured it seems like. Lake Sonoma pig hunts are have pretty low success rates at least with the few guys I’ve talked to / hunted with. Been there a few times a couple years ago. Seen lots of sign, only one pig. I’ve known of one pig been killed there and it was pretty deep I guess. The guide fees are pretty steep for me but strongly considering it, lord Knows I’ve spent 10 times that scouting and hunting without success lol.
That is the very reason I went the guide rout. I spent lots of time and money with zero results. First guide hunt resulted in a trophy boar. Every guided hunt, pig and Elk except one has been successful, 11 of 12.

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
So crazy you’d think theyd be thick as thieves on public ground, I really don’t care about trophies I just want to shoot a couple meat pigs with my bow. but definitely don’t want to spend the time, energy, and resources for a low odds game so I’m strongly looking at guided as suggested