hog stalking (nsfw blood)

lj1683

FNG
I was putting out some bran for the deer when I noticed some movement in front of me. I looked up and about 10-12 hogs were cutting up 80-100 yards away. Of course I left my gun on the four wheeler because I had to carry the 50 lb bag of bran thru 200 yards of knee deep water to a high ridge (I know I know).

Decided what the hell and walked back to the four wheeler and grabbed the long rifle. Snuck back in and they were still there. The wind was blowing in my face so I kept creeping up slowly, quietly...Soon I’m within 30 yards of a sow and her 30 pound piglets and notice movement off my right side. I look and it’s 2 more hogs. Big ones. They start fighting and cutting up. They had no clue death was knocking on the doorstep. My heart is pumping. I watch them for about a minute or two, and then another member starts his four wheeler and the hogs all stand up. I decided this was it.

Big boy hits an opening and I assassinate him with a head shot. Bolt another round in and move to my right. The big sow takes off with piglets in tow. I get a good shot on one of the piglets but it turned and I ended up shooting it in the ass. He drops and starts screaming. I must have broke his hips because this sum bitch takes off with just his front legs faster than I can run. I just stood there in awe at how fast this dude was running with just two front legs. Well he hits the water and is gone. Never found him.

About 2-3 minutes later I hear bullets flying from a neighboring club. Another minute more shots in the same direction. Needless to say, It was a bad day for that pig family
56908776594__335C2B01-7391-4E57-8CF3-DA03BE0EEDEB.JPG

dmc

FNG
It is amazing how fast they can go in two wheel drive. Congrats!

wyosteve

WKR
Yes, I learned how tough they can be a month ago even though I was using a .338 W.M. Bought an AR 10 and plan to show them lead is cheap this year!

I know how destructive pigs are and my wifes family is heavy in ag, but damn I wish we had hogs up here. Sound like so much fun!