hogg father sight guard size

Snipershirt

Lil-Rokslider
I've ran the hogg father on my Contender, longer ATA bow and noticed the difference between that and the right-on or real-deal sight as far as weight and balance goes. I prefer the smaller, lighter, real-deal or right-on sight with the small guard on my 31 ATA bow which i use on my longer, backcountry style hunts. I've noticed a lot of folks using heavier sights, extended way out front, only to have to add a side bar to counter the extra weight of the sight and quiver, thus leaving them with a 8-12lb bow. I completely understand pushing the sight away from the bow and thus lining it up with the peep but as previously mentioned, adjusting peep size is an easy fix to that. I say experiment and go with what feels good to you. It can get expensive and we seldom get it right the first time but thats all part of it...good luck!

Snipershirt

Lil-Rokslider
you gotta go and throw a wrench in the mix when im thinking small guard 5 pin.

why the large guard evan? just think it will match up better with the 1/4 peep?

Larger peep, more light? Larger guard to match the larger peep?

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
If your comfort level and best vision is seen through a 1/4" peep then stick with that. Some guys try and change peep sizes only to find out that their eye doesn't adjust to the smaller or larger opening and they start seeing blurry pictures or have a floating sight ring. If you stay with the 1/4 then the large guard on the Spot Hoggs would line up just about perfect.

Don't let the weight issue bother you. The most important thing is to have an accurate setup that is easy on yours eyes, allowing you to focus on everything else that is going instead of struggling with sight ring or target acquisition. Just my .02

MattB

WKR
Just in case this saves one guy "that moment", but if you are going to drill out your peep take it out of the string first.