Hogg Father

Rocky

WKR
Has anyone used the Hogg Father sight by Spot Hogg for hunting? Also was it very difficult to sight in? I currently have a single pin HHA and I'm looking at trying out the single pin Hogg Father.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Has anyone used the Hogg Father sight by Spot Hogg for hunting? Also was it very difficult to sight in? I currently have a single pin HHA and I'm looking at trying out the single pin Hogg Father.

Yep, you won't be disappointed!

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
You got a 7pin one? I had a 7 pin tommy but single pin is better IMO. Less clutter in the sight picture and the dial gets used! Lol

I don't mind clutter, just look at my garage:) I chose a 7 so I didn't have to dial it in on a quick shot like in arizona this year, I had a small shooting window and a second to range and shoot.

velvetfvr

WKR
I don't mind clutter, just look at my garage:) I chose a 7 so I didn't have to dial it in on a quick shot like in arizona this year, I had a small shooting window and a second to range and shoot.

This will be a conversation if Trent can make you go to the range when I go with them.

shaun

WKR
I have a 7 pin hogg father. It is just as difficult to sight in as any other sight.

X2 clutter is absolutely no problem as I shot a SDP for years you have your 20-80 without adjusting housing than when you want to stretch it out for practice you can adjust yardage you want.

no limits

FNG
just setup the trick pin on my sight this weekend worked like a charm I set my sight on 60yds stood at 30 and aimed 12" low and hit the top
tape line then shot different yardages for about an hour or so to see how far I could shoot without moving my sight out to 45yds so from 0
to 45yds without moving my sight I'll be in the pump station then if I do have time to range and set my sight even better just hold dead on
seem to have the best of both worlds I can still come to full draw if it happens fast and not worry about moving my sight from 45 to o yds
this has to be some of the best info I have got from rokslide cause I was debating on buying a 3 or 5 pin sight for my elk hunt until I came
across this article saved me a couple hundred dollars or more thanks rokslide!

Craig4791

WKR
I'm using a 4 pin Hogg father this year for hunting. First year using a movable multi pin but I'm liking it so far.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Virtually every person I know that's used a single pin sight has blown an opportunity at some point due not having time to dial. My Tommy Hogg is a 7-pin and I use the "Trick Pin" system with my 50-yard pin for short range work on elk.

I think the Tommy Hogg/Hogg Father sights are pretty easy to sight in with the micro adjust individual pins. You can dial them into a gnat's ass. If you have software like Archer's Advantage, printing a good tape is pretty straight forward for dialing in long range too.

My 2 cents...

gotllamas

FNG
I use a Tommy with a small guard and four pins. I figure that if the animal is out past fifty yards I should have time to dial into the correct yardage. If I don't have the time than that was not the shot for me. I owe it to the animal to make a clean shot and out past fifty yards I want things to be perfect. You can't go wrong with any of the Spot Hogg sights. I have been shooting them for the past 12 years now. You wont find any other sight on my bows.

Slim Jim

WKR
I use a Tommy with a small guard and four pins. I figure that if the animal is out past fifty yards I should have time to dial into the correct yardage. If I don't have the time than that was not the shot for me. I owe it to the animal to make a clean shot and out past fifty yards I want things to be perfect. You can't go wrong with any of the Spot Hogg sights. I have been shooting them for the past 12 years now. You wont find any other sight on my bows.

X2 except that I have a 3 pin (30, 40, 50)