Hoka Kaha GTX Feedback?

tquiet

Morning all!

Was wondering if anyone had put any miles on the Hoka Kahas? I wear Hokas for my running shoes and love them, but was unsure how they did on their "boot"?

This year, I'm fortunate enough to spend a week hunting grasslands in WY that shouldn't have more than 4-500' elevation changes. I'm thinking they would have enough support for that type of terrain, but again, wanted to seek some first hand feedback if it was available.

Many Thanks!

Ut300

Wow, surprised no feedback on the hoka boot. I was trying to make up my mind on the boot also. I love the shoes. I will say my brother is already planning on going to CO for a muzzleloader deer hunt wearing this exact boot. Think it might even be the mid. I will say he is 51, has had ankle problems, uses trekkers and he does fine hiking up to about 12,000 feet. I should be getting some crispis in the mail today but still thinking I want a light weight boot.

txjustin

Well Known Rokslider
Just discovered these a few days ago. Would love feedback as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gone4Days

Well Known Rokslider
I have a pair that I will be using for a week long coues hunt near the MX border. I liked my Speedgoat 4’s so much I decided to try the Kaha’s. I will post results in November. So far, they are light, and very comfortable but no field testing yet. I really, really like Hoka footwear

OP
T

tquiet

I have a pair that I will be using for a week long coues hunt near the MX border. I liked my Speedgoat 4’s so much I decided to try the Kaha’s. I will post results in November. So far, they are light, and very comfortable but no field testing yet. I really, really like Hoka footwear
Thanks!

OP
T

tquiet

Wow, surprised no feedback on the hoka boot. I was trying to make up my mind on the boot also. I love the shoes. I will say my brother is already planning on going to CO for a muzzleloader deer hunt wearing this exact boot. Think it might even be the mid. I will say he is 51, has had ankle problems, uses trekkers and he does fine hiking up to about 12,000 feet. I should be getting some crispis in the mail today but still thinking I want a light weight boot.
I'm surprised too. Didn't come up with anything overly helpful on old threads or youtube either.

Botay

Check Google reviews… mixed reviews, mostly from REI. I’ll stick to my Merrell Moabs— anything beyond offers minimal returns.

BBob

Well Known Rokslider
Haven’t tried them but have worn Speedgoat’s a lot and like them. You already know how the Hoka sole feels so that shouldn’t be an issue. I thought this was a decent review and it’s from an experienced older guy so mby a little more level headed and unbiased?

Gone4Days

Well Known Rokslider
Check Google reviews… mixed reviews, mostly from REI. I’ll stick to my Merrell Moabs— anything beyond offers minimal returns.
I have both Moabs and Kaha’s. I like my Merrill’s but the Kaha’s are superior for my feet. Hokas are damn comfortable.

Desk Jockey

Well Known Rokslider
Following. My hoka running shoes have become a favorite. Makes me intrigued by their boots.

Fun note - I was at a junior high kids basketball game one morning this spring and standing With a group of dads - all middle aged ex athletes of a sort - 5 of 6 of us were rolling hoka running shoes. I guess that is some kind of dad bod, tired old knees endorsement.

Botay

I have both Moabs and Kaha’s. I like my Merrill’s but the Kaha’s are superior for my feet. Hokas are damn comfortable.
Hopefully they hold up in the field. My wife wears them for running and says they’re the best running shoe she’s used. I’m looking forward to your field testing.

OP
T

tquiet

Haven’t tried them but have worn Speedgoat’s a lot and like them. You already know how the Hoka sole feels so that shouldn’t be an issue. I thought this was a decent review and it’s from an experienced older guy so mby a little more level headed and unbiased?

This a very in-depth review! Thanks for sharing!

BigBerm

I have a pair of the Hoka Kaha 2 GTX. These replaced Salomon X Ultra 3 as my mid to light boots. I only have about 15 miles on them so far. The Hokas are fantastic. No break in and tremendous cushioning. The only thing that could be improved is a slightly longer tongue. I like these much more than the Salomons.

BBob

Well Known Rokslider
One more comment on Hoka’s. Using them down here in the SW with all the pokey things like the various cactus, ocotillo and such. The soles are soft with almost no protection like a traditional boot with Vibram soles, they are are thick but stuff can poke through them if you aren’t a little mindful of what you might be stepping or jumping over on.