Hold on to your GMU 23/26A Shorts boys

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
Did they discuss unit 26 at all?
  1. WP24-28/29- Adopt as modified by the Western Interior, Seward Peninsula, Northwest Arctic and North Slope Councils and OSM to exclude the eastern portion of Unit 26A from the harvest limit reductions and to change the harvest limit to 15 caribou/year, only one of which may be a cow.(28) Take no action (29)

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone familiar with the Caribou patterns North of the Colville enough to say if it’s worth trying to plan a hunt in the open portion of 26A?

Attachments

• IMG_1771.jpeg
    IMG_1771.jpeg
    386 KB · Views: 42

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if the non federally qualified hunters ban extends to moose as well n Unit 23
I don’t see any proposed regulatory changes for 23 Moose in the agenda. And, WSA21-01b will expire with the passing of this current regulatory year at the end of June (regardless of the expiration date listed on the DOI website).
So, Moose may be an option in 23.

Is this how everyone else sees it?

I don’t see any proposed regulatory changes for 23 Moose in the agenda. And, WSA21-01b will expire with the passing of this current regulatory year at the end of June (regardless of the expiration date listed on the DOI website).
So, Moose may be an option in 23.

Is this how everyone else sees it?

I don’t think there’s been a non resident moose season in 23 for several years now, FSB aside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
Gotcha. Never looked at it and didn’t think to check that. Thanks.

TX338

FNG
Having trouble understanding the new restrictions. Is the 26 closure for 2024 mor restrictive for NR hunters than it was in 2023, or continuation of the same?

Thanks

Catag94

Lil-Rokslider
Having trouble understanding the new restrictions. Is the 26 closure for 2024 mor restrictive for NR hunters than it was in 2023, or continuation of the same?

Thanks

If I read it correctly, WP24-28 pas with modification as recommended by the OSM: “Take No Action on Proposal WP24-29.
Support Proposal WP24-28 as modified by the Western
Interior, Seward Peninsula, Northwest Arctic and North
Slope Councils to exclude the eastern portion of Unit 26A from
the harvest limit reductions and to change the harvest limit to 15
caribou/year, only one of which may be a cow.
Specifically, the harvest limit reductions will apply to Unit 26A,
west of the Coleville River drainage upstream from the Nuka
River and drainages of the Chucki Sea, south and west of and
including the Kuk and Kugrua river drainages (Map 5).”

I believe the FSB adopted these as recommended above. And, I believe this means the harvest was/will be reduced for all hunters in 26 with the exception of the area noted.
NR were already restricted to 1 Bull which complies with this new on adopted reg.
So, I believe 26 will be open to NR with the same harvest limit of 1 Bull as before.

Anyone else draw a different conclusion?