Holster on a Kifaru Bikini belt

Bambistew

WKR
I'm looking for a way to attach a holster to a Bikini belt. I'm thinking I might have to change belts because I can't come up with a good solution. The "gear" strap (for lack of a better term) basically floats from the point where it attaches to the pack to the buckle, with a lot of slop. When I put my 44 on it, it sags, and flops around. (I haven't had issues with this on other packs). So I end up attaching it at the point where the belt joins the pack, and clipping it over a second strap.

Anyone have any ideas?

I can't imagine putting a belt pocket on there. It seems like it would flop all over the place.

Try tightening the gear strap as much as you can without distorting the waist belt. I carry a ruger Blackhawk .45 in a "simply rugged" pancake holster, & I don't even notice it.My .45 weighs 39 oz. And yes, I wear that on a bikini frame belt.

colonel00

WKR
Are talking about the delta straps when you say "gear" strap? I wouldn't hang anything off of them as they are there to stabilize the pack. Why not mount it to the Molle/PALs webbing on the hip belt?

dotman

WKR
You can tighten the strap, unthread it thru the back buckle and adjust. It should be nice and snug when the pack is on but will be floppy when off. The tactical version with two rows of pals webbing secures much better.

OP
Bambistew

Bambistew

WKR
Why not mount it to the Molle/PALs webbing on the hip belt?

The Bikini doesn't have the PALS webbing, one one small strip attached to the "gear strap". I've tightened it as tight as I can. The lack of support between the pack and the buckle doesn't really keep the pistol tight. I've thought about punching a hole through the padding an zip-tying the gear belt to the main belt.

I'm thinking the best thing will be to go with with the Duplex belt, but don't really want to spend another $100.

colonel00

WKR
That's right. I was thinking of the Duplex belt where the webbing is sewn directly to the belt. How about running the holster between the gear strap and the belt?

dotman

WKR
The Bikini doesn't have the PALS webbing, one one small strip attached to the "gear strap". I've tightened it as tight as I can. The lack of support between the pack and the buckle doesn't really keep the pistol tight. I've thought about punching a hole through the padding an zip-tying the gear belt to the main belt.

I'm thinking the best thing will be to go with with the Duplex belt, but don't really want to spend another $100.

Duplex belt will not fit the bikini, you have to get the bikini tactical belt. The duplex has all 1in webbing where as the bikini has both 1in and 3/4in. It is now an option when you buy a bikini but the belt you have does have 1 row of pals on it just not sewn to the belt.

Fjelljeger

Lil-Rokslider
Does Kifaru sell a Bikini tactical belt with two rows of standard pals webbing? When I bought my pack last year I asked if that was an option and they said NO. So far I have just tightened the one row of pals/strap and either used a blade-tech tek lok or some small Malice clips. They tend to fit the "hunting pals" webbing. It would be great to upgrade the bikini belt if that is an option.

dotman

WKR
Does Kifaru sell a Bikini tactical belt with two rows of standard pals webbing? When I bought my pack last year I asked if that was an option and they said NO. So far I have just tightened the one row of pals/strap and either used a blade-tech tek lok or some small Malice clips. They tend to fit the "hunting pals" webbing. It would be great to upgrade the bikini belt if that is an option.

They started selling it this past Jan and now it is the standard belt offered I believe.