holster options for Kifaru frame

OP
Seacoo

Seacoo

FNG
Have you looked at the strike plate from Blackhawk?

checking it out now, it's on the right path for sure. Having problems getting their site to work well for me. Are you aware of them doing it for glocks? Only seeing it for beretta

Ian

Lil-Rokslider
I use a G-code on my plate carrier, and I'm going to try it on the duplex, next time home. It looks like it might not be an option for you, but if you think about losing the light, the g-code is quick, and secure. The one thing I'm not crazy about though is it sticks out there a mile, not too bad on the chest when it's surrounded by other stuff, but on the waist it's huge. I know a few guys that 550 tie a Raven Concealment Phanton to the MOLLE, not quick to change, but low profile, and a great product.

dotman

WKR
checking it out now, it's on the right path for sure. Having problems getting their site to work well for me. Are you aware of them doing it for glocks? Only seeing it for beretta

Yeah they make it for glocks. Checkout Amazon.

OP
Seacoo

Seacoo

FNG
Not a fan of the Blackhawk release method...trigger finger engaging the release while drawing is a recipe for an ND and it's not what I'm used to. I'll keep searching

Ian, you may be right...but my woods guns without a light attached sucks

OP
Seacoo

Seacoo

FNG
Gonna look at retro fitting my safariland to fit the Blackhawk Quick disconnect plates. That could be the ticket. Thanks guys

Have you considered the US military UH-92F universal holster? I use it for my Sig P227 and once adjusted it has perfect retention. The thumb release strap isn't the greatest but works. If you are really going to be doing something technical and you're worried there is another strap to really get it buckled in. I have always used it in a drop-leg setup with other packs and when hunting to get it out of the way, but when backpacking with my new Kifaru pack I plan on having it directly connected to the PALS on the belt. Haven't tried with an accessory light, but I believe it is designed to support them. They are super cheap on ebay if you don't mind ACU.

Take-a-knee

Banned
The best "holster option" for a Kifaru (or any other) pack is a Hill People Gear Kitbag.

I want to subscibe to this thread. I've had the same challenge finding a holster for my N-Frame S&W. No one makes a molle platform hoster for a big revolver. I've since gone with the HPG kit bag but I'd still love to find a holster that I can put on the belt of my Duplex Frame.

Archerm

Lil-Rokslider
When I carry which is not that often I use a BlackHawk Serpa CQC Belt Loop and Paddle Holster with the BlackHawk Serpa S.T.R.I.K.E. CQC Platform. I have had a extra thumb release strap put on it to keep the gun from accidentally getting knocked out.

Fjelljeger

Lil-Rokslider
Blade-Tech makes easy on/off attachment holsters that will fit most handguns with or without lights. If they don't have the one you have they will make it for you. The Tec-Loc attachment will fit the Bikini hip belt and can very rapidly be removed and repositioned on your pants belt when you drop the pack. Best system I've found so far. They made and now offer a holster for the Ruger RedHawk 5.5" barrel 44mag. Can't go wrong with Blade-tech. Been using them full time for close to a decade with no complaints.

G20 lover here as well.
Mine rides in a Blackhawk Serpa. Tons of mounting options for the Serpa.

I know you said you didn't like the Serpa release.... I know what you mean I'm a thumb break guy as well. But honestly the Serpa's plethora of mounting options won me over. IMO speed of draw is not an issue when it comes to a woods carry gun. But if Blackhawk makes one in a thumb break model...GREAT!

I will say this, for woods carry I prefer a pistol be carried crossdraw for the simple fact that strong side interferes w/ my rifle carry. I hate it when my rifle scope and pistol start attempting to mate behind my back. I paid good $$'s for both and I don't like seeing the scratches of such mating.

One solution that I use is to carry the pistol crossdraw on my pant belt and let the hip belt for my pack slide down, above & behind the pistol.
Another solution that I've tried is a shoulder rig.... that didn't feel comfortable.
I've even given thought to a chest rig like an Alaska Guide Gear holster, but my bino's reside there.
Next was the chest pack, again bino's go there.
The only method I haven't tried is the drop leg mount, and I avoided that simply because I wasn't sure how I felt about the swinging mass vs calorie expenditure & having something velcro'ed around my leg. Maybe others can weight in here.

Crossdraw on the pant belt seems to work best for me.
Whichever route you go, I'm confident you'll come up w/ a solution.
Hunt'nFish

PS: I have toyed with an UL Ti 38 snub mounted on the shoulder pad, but have put out the $$'s to try it.
I will say this, I packed my ol'mans little UL 38 on water run w/ the stock a couple years back and it slipped right in my pocket and I forgot it was there. I'm sure it would slip right into a small belt pouch just as easily.

Last edited:

Archerm

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry I just saw your post. Here are a few pics. right now I have the paddle holster with the strap mounted on a belt platform. The strap is nylon. The nylon has a little stretch and fits pretty tight. You just pop the snap as you release the paddle lock on the holster. Works very good and not worried about accidentally hitting the paddle and loosing the gun. The chance of undoing both walking trough brush is pretty slim. The strap against the pack is held by the lower screw on the backside. You can just melt a hole in the nylon. For the front strap I made a rivet with a flat piece to hold the strap then drilled a hole in the holster and riveted it. The plastic is very thick in this area. $3.00 in parts job.

You can see the nylon through the holes near the bottom mounting screws.

Archerm,
can you post a pic of your BlackHawk holster with the extra thumb release? How did you fix the extra strap to the holster?