Holster set up for SW 329 for bear country during archery

I have a 329 4.13" barrel. Trying to figure out whats the best way to carry it for archery in griz country. I like the look of the razco and it will go on my outdoor vision harness or my stone glacier. Or is it better to just go chest righ and wear uner the harness. My fear of it being on the harness is I would prob take off my harness while quartering etc

wyodan

WKR
I have a Ruger GP 100, very similar to the 329. I recently went to the Gunfighters Inc holster after trying many other carry methods. It doesn't interfere very much with the bino harness, I find it fairly comfortable. That is going to be my preferred carry method for the foreseeable future.

Antares

WKR
This isn't much help right now, but I just ordered a Marsupial bino harness with their large holster. I'm planning on carrying my 329PD in it. I'll report back and let you know how it works.

GotDraw?

WKR
get an inexpensive Uncle Mike's soft nylon drop-loop belt holster for your pants that keeps the pistol holster below your backpack belt. Use the chest rig when hiking, switch your belt harness when you drop your pack/chest rig.

Problem cheaply solved.

JL

wyodan

WKR
so you wear that under your harness? I am leaning that way as i know it will be on me at all times
I just saw this. Yeah, it is under the harness all of the time. It is pretty comfortable, more so than I expected, especially with a revolver. I wear it like that nearly every weekend from April until rifle season.

I had a belt rig before, didn't enjoy. When I hiked with it, it pulls down on one side, and for some reason makes my hip hurt. The chest rig underneath a bino harness was more comfortable, and I can get the pistol out just as fast with it.

OP
B
I just saw this. Yeah, it is under the harness all of the time. It is pretty comfortable, more so than I expected, especially with a revolver. I wear it like that nearly every weekend from April until rifle season.

I had a belt rig before, didn't enjoy. When I hiked with it, it pulls down on one side, and for some reason makes my hip hurt. The chest rig underneath a bino harness was more comfortable, and I can get the pistol out just as fast with it.
Agree I did the same in Alaska on a DIY archery sitka hunt and we were quartering and realized my pistol was 10 yards from me on my back pack not smart

I have a 329 4.13" barrel. Trying to figure out whats the best way to carry it for archery in griz country. I like the look of the razco and it will go on my outdoor vision harness or my stone glacier. Or is it better to just go chest righ and wear uner the harness. My fear of it being on the harness is I would prob take off my harness while quartering etc
I started with the gunfighters harness. Now I use the regular Razco chest harness. It can be adjusted so the firearm rides below your bino harness. I would have no problem recommending this set up

Outlaw99

WKR
Anyone have any issues getting the religion where they want it with the razco?

JPD350

WKR
I use the Diamond D chest harness with my 329, I really like the gun not being hooked to the bino harness, when I take the binos off the gun stays.
I thought I would have an issue with the leather getting wet but it never became one, I did 2 Alaska hunts and one was a float.

Attachments

• Alaska Moose Hunt 2014 197.jpg
    Alaska Moose Hunt 2014 197.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 31

dla

WKR
I use a belt holster attached to my pack with pouch keepers for the gun to ride on my pack.
pouch_keepers.JPG

Just a thought.