Holster suggestions

Tradchef

WKR
I need to get a holster for my XDM 10mm 4.5. I have been looking at the Diamond D Alaskan guides choice but was wanting to see what you all were using afield. I normally have a firearm attached to my pack and that works pretty well but I’d like something I can use fishing, hiking , hunting etc......

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I run an RTI system from gcode. The optimal drop adapter allows you to run your holster below your pack belt but not so low that there are issues on the draw. Other advantages are a lot of holster companies make rti adapter holsters so can choose the company you prefer, can take holster and gun on and off in seconds without taking adapter off belt, and works with multiple holsters.

deadwolf

WKR
Ivory holster makes a nice one that will fit on exo packs and thinner belts. Nice holsters, great retention. Diamond D makes holsters for belts as well, in addition to their Guides Choice holster. Razco Gear has nice stuff too. Lots of options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smith406

FNG
Montana Tactical on Gooch hill stocks Gunfighter inc. chest holsters as well as Dale Fricke chest holsters if you want to check them out in person. Dale is also in Bozeman and does custom work. Hill People Gear chest packs are nice for packing a pistol plus whatever else you want handy. You'll also get less glares on the trails out of hunting season if that's something you care about.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Carried on chest last year and never going back. If you're a big bino guy those can compete for chest space sometimes though.
If you take you're pack off you still have it is another plus.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I need to get a holster for my XDM 10mm 4.5. I have been looking at the Diamond D Alaskan guides choice but was wanting to see what you all were using afield. I normally have a firearm attached to my pack and that works pretty well but I’d like something I can use fishing, hiking , hunting etc......

After several holsters, I ended up with a Diamond D Guides Choice and it’s the absolute best, most comfortable holster I’ve owned so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
check out Northwest retention. I have one and it's great. Quality craftsmanship. Makes them one at a time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

fmyth

WKR
I carry my XDM 10mm in a Gunfighters inc Kenai chest holster. Wore it 3 weeks straight in AK last month. Love it. Previously I carried a 9mm in a Kenai for all of my archery elk hunts in AZ, WY and CO.

907to406

Lil-Rokslider
G-Code gets my vote. Their drop leg holster is perfect, keeps my pistol off my waistline/belt/pack and when my arm is relaxed at my side my hand rests perfectly on the grip. I've been running mine for my XDM 45 for 5 years now and it shows no sign of needing replaced but wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

I have a couple of the guides choice, great system. My oldest one is close to 20 years old. Both my step sons were Army Rangers. They both use the Kenai rig. I like them also.

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
With a potential archery hunt in grizzly country next year, I figured its not too soon to start looking at a holster for my glock. I don't generally carry when archery hunting but will for sure next fall. The Kenai seems to come up regularly but i'm curious if guys are wearing that type of holster along with a bino harness. It seems the Kenai would be really uncomfortable with any sort of bino harness also attached.

Any thoughts on a holster and bino harness situation?

Had four; former 2nd Ranger Battalion vets in camp over the summer. 3/4 wore the Kenai Rig. 2/4 carried binoculars or a camera. Thought the system worked well. I was actually impressed how much “battle rattle” those boys carried, didn’t seem to interfere. The Sgt. Major he just carried a knife.
I’m a big fan of the Kenai rig for a number of reasons. I would recommend you order one up and start figuring out how to make it work.
Good luck on your hunt.

Worn with the straps tensioned correctly, does it make it difficult to get into jacket pockets and interfere with the hood?
Any retention issues if falling?