holy C$#@ new swaro/outdoorsmans binos

AKBorn

WKR
Man - they cost almost as much as ALL of the gear (rifle, scope, binos, spotter, 2 tents, backpack, camp gear) that I take on my remote Alaska flyout hunts. I could never get myself to spend that much on one piece of equipment, when my $300 Nikon Monarchs have never failed me. Maybe if I was sheep hunting and needed to judge full curl or not, but for hunting moose/caribou/deer, I don't think I would see enough performance difference to warrant the expense.

ozyclint

WKR
i'm looking at a new swaro bino but it ain't the NL. they make a different bino with 5% more light transmission than the NL and they are US$2000 cheaper. ;)

6.5x284

WKR
i'm looking at a new swaro bino but it ain't the NL. they make a different bino with 5% more light transmission than the NL and they are US$2000 cheaper. ;)

Out of curiosity, what bino are you referring to? I'm not aware of any Swaro with a 96% light transmission ratio.

NL Pure (42): 91%
EL (42): 90%
EL (50): 90%
SLC (42): 91%
SLC (56): 93%

ozyclint

WKR
the entire Habicht line has 96% light transmission. there are a few things where a roof prism can't match a porro prism. a 71 year old design still has more light transmission than the NL. it seems all the advancement in technology still can't overcome the inherent problems that roof prisms have. there is something to be said about simplicity.

scour the bird forums and there are plenty of comments how the resolution and clarity of the Habicht's exceed the top alpha roofs.

i'm keen on getting the 7x42GA to replace my Steiner Peregrine 8x42 roofs for the majority of my bowhunting.

Stalker69

WKR
Wow didn’t know those were still avalible , or are they, says “ not avalible in your country “ in your link ?

Wrench

WKR
I'm sure they're spectacular, but I got a laugh comparing the price of these binos to the price I was recently quoted for Lasik.

It's cheaper to get new eyeballs than new binoculars.
I had lasik several years ago (leica bn was the top contender at that time) when I went in id have to piss in the bathtub without my glasses due to the piss poor eyesight.

When I walked out of the office I could see well enough to not need glasses......but when my eye flaps rehydrated I could see stuff that wasn't even there. I spotted a buck in some trees 300 yards away and my pard couldn't find it with his binos.

Best money I ever spent.