Holy smokes I got drawn for AZ Archery Elk on second year of applying!

Dr, down there? Phoenix? I just took my Hunters Ed online with my field day in Williams. I talked to Lori at the AZGFD and she said that they will only schedule more up this way (Flagstaff area) if there is a demand for it. From what I've seen on the website the classes down in the valley fill up pretty quick.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Coop, what path did you take to get your hunter Ed point? Next trip down there I'm thinking of biting the bullet and knocking it out so I can get that point!

I haven't yet... I need to do it this year to get to 14 points. Gotta figure out a plan. Probably do part online then hook a cheap flight down to Phoenix for a day or two visit my niece while I'm at it. We ought to set up a special class for Roksliders!

Coop

DC

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't yet... I need to do it this year to get to 14 points. Gotta figure out a plan. Probably do part online then hook a cheap flight down to Phoenix for a day or two visit my niece while I'm at it. We ought to set up a special class for Roksliders!

Coop

DC

I'm in. I need that point as well

wapitibob

WKR
Easiest way is the one day special NR class. There is one April 6. The next one is the 1st week in Jan.
Fly to vegas, drive to Kingman, then back. If you don't time it right you won't have the point for the draw.

Last edited:

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Good for both of you! I have no idea where unit 1 that WB drew is, but I helped my buddy the entire two week archery season in 6A in September of 2011. We were into elk 13 of the 14 days and had a blast even though it rained the first 9 days.

wapitibob

WKR
bow, 11 points. Tag no. 15 so it appears the 44 guys left in last years 11 point pool didn't want to dance this year.

Flatbow

Lil-Rokslider
wapitibob, you should have a great hunt in unit 1. some good areas after the fire might be even better. I spent a lot of time in the lookout tower on top of Escudilla in the 70's. beautiful country, some BIG elk.....

You are all wasting your time worrying about the class, I have 16 points after this year........................get in line!:D