Holy smokes I got drawn for AZ Archery Elk on second year of applying!

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I got drawn for AZ Archery Elk on second year of applying! Man I am excited. I was just hoping to get picked before I got to old to hunt (I will be 51 on the hunt). I used to live there after I got out of the military, but never hunted Elk, so for me this hunt is like going back to my favorite place in the world. Now I have to rearrange my CO hunt with my brother so I can do two hunts in a month! Got to hand to my wife on understanding, she was actually excited as anything for me. I just wish I new which of my units got picked.

Slim Jim

WKR
Congrats hflier! I just got a letter from azfg and I got excited but it was just a hunting questionnaire and no hit on my cc either so maybe next year

What was your first and second choices? Thats really the only 2 that matter when applying for bull tags.

Congrats jflier! I got hit on my Card also. I'll be up in Camp Navajo just west of Flagstaff in Unit 6B. This is the first year I have put in for an Elk tag and I got hit on the first day of the Draw. I hope that I'll get my first pick "Any Elk" tag, but if I don't I'm going to enjoy my time in the great outdoors anyways.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Congrats jflier! I got hit on my Card also. I'll be up in Camp Navajo just west of Flagstaff in Unit 6B. This is the first year I have put in for an Elk tag and I got hit on the first day of the Draw. I hope that I'll get my first pick "Any Elk" tag, but if I don't I'm going to enjoy my time in the great outdoors anyways.

Awesome! Congrats to you both... I drew too - another bonus point :p

Good news is, that's 13 and with my hunter Ed point added sometime this year that should = premium elk tag in 2014. Still jealous of y'all this year. Best of luck! Keep us posted what you drew and of course how the hunt goes!

Coop

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I'm with you on this one too Coop. I'm a resident and sitting on 9 points from failed draws, 1 point for hunters ed and 1 loyalty point. 11 total. Maybe next year! I remember when I was young and could hunt every other year or every 3 years without an issue

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Coop, what path did you take to get your hunter Ed point? Next trip down there I'm thinking of biting the bullet and knocking it out so I can get that point!