Home Bow Shop

MBurrows

FNG
Hi guys,
I have been working on my home bow shop/archery benches and I have them mostly complete now. Here are a few picutres from my garage where I go every night to relax and shoot or tune my bows. I am still looking for a press and a vice and haven't decided on which one to buy yet. Any suggestions?

draw board 2.jpg

Bench 2.jpg

Bench 12.jpg

Bench 1.jpg
Bench 15.jpg

Matt, did you have to compromise spine at all with those arrows. It seams like guys shooting heavy draw weights are dismissing the spine chart and still having good success with the injexion shaft.

OR Archer

WKR
That's an awesome looking home shop Matt. For a press you cant go wrong with a Last Chance Archery EZ Press. We use these at the shop and they can press any type of bow with little to no stress on the risers. Id also spend a little more for the electric versions. Their bow vise is pretty good too.

Awesome set up Matt!!! OR Archer is right on with the EZ Press..I do however, personally prefer an Accu-Archery press. May take a touch longer but I absolutely LOVE it!!! We are running 2 of 3 in our shop the 3rd is an older X-Press.

weaver

WKR
Awesome bow shop! I use a bowmaster. It gets the job done but i will be investing in a full size press sometime.

Awesome!! looking good.

I just got a bow time machine (bow press and draw board all in one). Ill never have to go to a shop again. So nice!!!
If anyone is looking to get a bow press i highly recommend the bow time machine. Works amazing!! and having that draw board incorportated is really nice

Last edited:

J-Daddy

WKR
Very nice shop, makes my home shop look like a dumpster, lol...I've got crap laying everywhere in mine, I have a hard time keeping it clean.
As far as presses go, if I were buying a new one right now I'd probably go with the Bow Time Machine...The Bow-A-Constrictor is a awesome press too if you don't mind paying the cash for one.

OP
M

MBurrows

FNG
Matt, did you have to compromise spine at all with those arrows. It seams like guys shooting heavy draw weights are dismissing the spine chart and still having good success with the injexion shaft.

The Injexion spine chart is different than the FMJ Axis spine or Carbon Axis spine. I shoot 70# and used FMJs 400 these are 330s but don't correlate to the FMJ 340s but to the 400s. These are the most accurate shafts I've ever shot. My first group at 55yards all 3 arrow shafts were touching. Can't wait to see the results at 80-100 yards.

OP
M

MBurrows

FNG
Thanks for the comments and the suggestions on the presses. I have a Bowmaster that I've used for the past few years but it just takes so long to rig on the bow for minor adjustments like twisting your string, adjusting your peep ect. I've been looking at the new X-Press Archer but don't want to sell my good kidney for it. I've also thought about making one like the EZ Press.

What would you guys suggest for a bow vice that has a 3rd axis?

OP
M

MBurrows

FNG
The Injexion spine chart is different than the FMJ Axis spine or Carbon Axis spine. I shoot 70# and used FMJs 400 these are 330s but don't correlate to the FMJ 340s but to the 400s. These are the most accurate shafts I've ever shot. My first group at 55yards all 3 arrow shafts were touching. Can't wait to see the results at 80-100 yards.

So last night I was looking at the spine chart on the Easton site and actually the 330s do corrrelate to the 340s not the 400s like I said above. I was confused by the chart on the boxes. So I guess I could have gone with the 400s and might buy some more to see how those work as they are a few grains lighter. I'm also not really sure what the difference is between a hard cam and a medium cam on the Easton site. Overall so far the 330 have worked well but I haven't shot them with broadheads or at longer distances beyond 55 yards.