Home Security Systems

Wapiti1

WKR
Still wondering if anyone knows of a unit that has sound detection, in other words sound triggers, to initiate the video recording.

Baby monitor cameras often have sound activation. Google Nest also has sound activation.

To the OP, I went with an Arlo system. We opted for obvious cameras, signs, and went wireless. The response time to my house for the police is too long to bother with a different type. With a wifi extender you can mount the cameras pretty much anywhere. We have 5 cameras and the doorbell. All on solar panels.

It's been a good system and has been in for 2 years. No contract if you don't want it, and you can monitor on your phone. Even talk through the doorbell or cameras. Fun when there are people there and the camera says hello.

Jeremy

Dennis

WKR
I have Ring system which cost $100 per year for monitoring and 60 or 90 days of video storage. Select your system on line and install and price what you need (alarm panel, door and window sensors, smoke alarms, motion sensors, cameras etc.). You can monitor your own system from your cell phone and view video from your phone if you are away. Police in my area are probably 40 minutes away so I monitor it myself and if I see anyone suspicious around our home I have video footage and can notify neighbors and or call the sheriff if necessary. I have been happy with the system so far and like the flexibility.

AZmark

WKR
Youre talking about all the cams that you will put outside the house but dont forget at least a couple cams on the inside also at entrances or key areas. The reason being your cams can record someone outside and that is great but it doesnt put them "INSIDE" the house if something ever goes to trial. Proof of them being inside is priceless when it comes to a conviction. Because they can always say ....Yep I was outside that house but I never went in (someone else did that not me) and in court you may need that proof that actually shows them inside. Lawyers can get crooks off on that simple a issue.