Homemade Archery Target

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
Targets get expensive, especially if you shoot a lot, which I do. I have a bunch of different targets and they all work but I like a larger backdrop. I live in typical suburbia. While I don’t have any issues with my neighbors, I still want some comfort and the typical 18-24 square targets that cost $100 and up don’t cut it. I built one of the ones I seen on Elk101. I am lucky that a my cousin works in retail so waste shrink wrap is free and unlimited. I used coroplast instead of cardboard for the faces and 3/8 CDX for the sides. Took about two hours to put together. A nice big 36” square target that stops arrows dead is freaking awesome!! At 20’ from a 70lb Halon 6, not one arrow penetrated the far side anywhere on the target!

I have about $50-60 in it. My next one will be 48” square on lawn mover wheels.

Wrench

WKR
I fill burlap or 55 gallon drum liners with shrink wrap. I've put a LOT of arrows into the ones I have. When they're shot out, stuff into a new bag and rock on. They'll catch a broadhead as well, the trick is figuring out how thick you need to make them to get the head to penetrate so you can pull them through.

Pandesal

FNG
Seconding the request for pics, but otherwise I’m sure we can find it somewhere on elk101. I like putting that you’re putting the next one on wheels

OP
V

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
Excuse all the saw dust. Lol

Attachments

• 70687B1C-71A9-48E8-82B4-72D85F14FF38.jpeg
    70687B1C-71A9-48E8-82B4-72D85F14FF38.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 52

zman

Lil-Rokslider
I built 2 of them how they show it on elk 101. Packed them with hundreds of those plastic shopping bags that are an environmentalists nightmare along with shrink wrap and random plastic wrap... the kind you find on lots of stuff at the grocery store. Good way to repurpose it all. Couple things I learned that might help others...
I built both 36" x 36". Its heavy. Real heavy. Better put some handles or wheels on it unless you are a big guy.
Dont put just anything in there. Rubbery type plastics will hold your arrow way too tight. They kind of melt onto the arrow. I had to open mine back up and remove that stuff after struggling to remove them. Shrink wrap and plastic bags are great.
I am building one now that is 24 x 24. Way easier to lug around or keep in the truck. The 36" one is awesome though for shooting from long distances...
I use spray paint and a stencil to make target circles but Morell sells target faces that you could use that hold up to 1000's of shots Target faces

Twitch

WKR
This is going to be my next project.
I have a Bulldog XP, and it's awesome, but I also work in an environment with a overload of shrink wrap and plastic sheeting, so filling one of these up should be no problem.

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Been using shrink wrap for years but I stuff a large moving box with it I think it's like 5' x 24" then I put the $2 animal targets from Lancaster on them. It has 4 sides so a box lasts me almost a year and I shoot a lot. Built a shelter for it also! I'm a little OCD!!IMG_3856.JPG