Homemade E&E

wetzel

FNG
I wanted a KU E&E to keep all my necessary stuff in one place and to save some ounces over a heavier duty bag. After talking to my wife and deliberating on it a bit I decided to try making one myself to save some cash and to get some experience. It is double layer silnylon and weighs 7.5 ounces. Let me know what you think.
download-25.jpg
download-23.jpg
download-24.jpg
download-26.jpg
download-27.jpg

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Nice work! That looks awesome! Did you find a pattern somewhere or just wing it? I would like to make something like that myself.

OP
W

wetzel

FNG
I sewed it myself. My wife and I just made up a pattern based roughly upon K's E&E. The pattern was really just some measurements that I measured out on the fabric. I was a little nervous as it seemed really complicated at first. I was worried about what to sew first and that I would screw something up, but with some thought (and a little bit of unpicking) it only took a few hours.

On a side note, I just ordered 36 yards of silnylon to try making a 12 man tipi.

sk1

WKR
looks good, would love to do this type of stuff, but sewing might as well be writing in chinese, i dont even know where to start

Great work! For those of you who think sewing is out of your league, get on you tube and watch some videos. It's not as hard as it looks.

If it seems girly to use a sewing machine, just rember that when a man is using it, it's a thread injector!

Love it! Very well done.
I too have a sewing machine and do a lot of pack mods & improvements.
Did you hot knife the cuts or surge sew the seams?

I think your ready to sew a bivy bag.
I just finished a Cordura g-tex Cowboy Bedroll Cover for packing in w/ the mules.
And some UL Game Bags as well.
Hunt'nFish

Last edited:

Hardstalk

WKR
I sewed it myself. My wife and I just made up a pattern based roughly upon K's E&E. The pattern was really just some measurements that I measured out on the fabric. I was a little nervous as it seemed really complicated at first. I was worried about what to sew first and that I would screw something up, but with some thought (and a little bit of unpicking) it only took a few hours.

On a side note, I just ordered 36 yards of silnylon to try making a 12 man tipi.

From a trial and error e&e to a twelve man tipi. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366229457.470440.jpg some say necessity is the mother of invention. I say its refusal to pay retail. :) look forward to seeing your tipi!