Homemade Steel Heads for Expirementing

I built these broadheads to test out of the flatbow I posted a week or so back. If you saw that, you know I want to build all my gear and kill a deer with the setup. When I was a kid, there was a guy at our trad league that did that, and I've been saying I was gonna do it since then. In the meantime I’m building and testing setups. In all reality, I'm sure you could just go out and do it, since that's what people did before compounds and rifles. I'm trying to make the transition easier and more efficient, and I seem to like to reinvent the wheel too. These are mild steel. I sharpened them up but I’m not sure if I think they’ll work for actually hunting. My next move is to put them on a wood shaft and make self nocks so I can test out the whole system. Eventually, I wanna draw out a leafspring for a thinner head, and also try a socketed glue on head. I’m looking for what I think will be the most effective, structurally sound and duplicable setup. I had started these before I started messing around with knifemaking and forging, so I had a different perspective finishing, than I did when I started. These had been collecting dust off and on a few years. I’ve got a few ideas for making a steel template and punching out the head when it’s red hot, so I can have a half dozen or so identical heads. Kinda like a manly cookie cutter, only for a cookie that kills animals. That way I wouldn't have to use my stone age grinder so much either. lol These are roughly 275 grains but they vary a bit. It’s hard to be super precise with a grinder. I’ll post a link to the video of this build, for anyone who’s interested.
Video link here
IMG_3686.jpg

oldgoat

WKR
I read a post years ago on making broadheads, couple of items that were used were old circular saw blades and the extra heavy duty metal banding material. I don't even know if they use metal banding material anymore though, it might be real hard to find, everything is nylon strap now. But the saw blades might give you a good starter material that would be repeatable and not take a lot of work to get in the right proportions.

OP
C
I’ve got a circ saw blade laying around I was thinking of using on a knife. That would probably be better than drawing out a leaf spring as far as a uniform thickness
I read a post years ago on making broadheads, couple of items that were used were old circular saw blades and the extra heavy duty metal banding material. I don't even know if they use metal banding material anymore though, it might be real hard to find, everything is nylon strap now. But the saw blades might give you a good starter material that would be repeatable and not take a lot of work to get in the right proportions.