Hometown Ranch Hunting

TaylerW

FNG
This definitely is not as interesting as a backcountry adventure, but I have a blond setup that's about 15 minutes from my house. Hunting before and after work. Shot a good one opening week and missed a marginal shot on Monday. Been watching a ton of animals and have gained a ton of knowledge as to their behavior and pattern. Wednesday is usually when the big boys have been rolling through. They have been up and moving in the morning from grey light to about 7:15 am. Evenings it seems like the golden time is between 7:15 and dark. The day I shot my buck we had some great cloud cover and they were up and feeding around 6pm. Will post daily updates. 120025

OP
TaylerW

TaylerW

FNG
Doe and fawn came through at 7:15. Spike was bedded in some berries and got up around 7:30. Wide boy didnt come through today.

OP
TaylerW

TaylerW

FNG
No activity last night. After thinking on it for a while i believe the pattern has changed. The deer had been hammering some berries in an open field. They had full sun so were ripe earlier and the deer didnt have to get into the brush to access them. No they are rubbing velvet and those bushes have burnt off for the most part. Will get two more sits before the closure Sunday night and then will shift my focus to a bear on a different orchard that is tearing trees down.