Not open for further replies.

mdtennant

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hoodlum bag Multicam
$200 TYD Lower 48
Venmo or PP F&F or add 3% for G&S

Catch and release through a bag trade with another Rokslider. I never used it after I received it, as I have one in Coyote that I use. Great bag in great condition - I just don't really need two of them.

I also have a used good condition 24” Duplex lite frame with small hip belt in coyote (or med belt in RG) that I could bundle with this at $450 if someone wants a complete setup.

In therms of this bag: the straps were shortened by original owner.

4 compression straps [both tops and both bottoms] shortened to 14”
Two lid straps shortened to 20.5”

The lid straps do allow closure of the bag if it were full (meaning about a 2-3” fold over of the bag when stuffed full), but it is close. With a lid on top, it would not be an issue. I added a picture of it on my frame trying to show that.

If you did not put meat on the load shelf, you could easily stuff the bag and the compression straps would reach the frame just fine.

If you had a large bone in quarter (like a moose) on the frame between the bag and frame and also stuffed the bag full, you would likely have to work buckle the top and bottom of each side to the frame with the current configuration. Just for reference, I was able to place a 5” meat tote between the bag (stuffed) and the frame as is.

To increase the working distance between the bag and the frame, you could use K-clip / compression straps with female locking buckles instead of just using standard slotted female buckles attached to the tab loops on the frame. That would solve any length issue. In fact, the middle bag attachment relies on exactly this, as the middle attachment point on the bag is a tab loop and not a strap, as such, you need to use a compression strap to attach the middle of the bag to the frame.

In general, these bags are rather amenable to configuration, and if there is a will, there is a way. The straps on the bag don't technically need to be any longer than about 4 to 6", as you can use locking buckles and add a K-clip / compression strap with mating locking buckle to the frame like the middle strap / buckle on the bag. So, in the event you wanted to put a 15L Daren Drum or 5 Gal bucket on your load shelf, you could by re-configuring the straps.

Hope this helps provide clarity. I don't want someone to end up with a bag they are not satisfied with, and on the flip side want to ensure entire perspective is presented.

Attachments

• Hoodlum back.jpg
    Hoodlum back.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Hoodlum front.jpg
    Hoodlum front.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8351.jpeg
    IMG_8351.jpeg
    332.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8352.jpeg
    IMG_8352.jpeg