Hoodlum Setups

marktole

WKR
That was obviously really wet snow because it was so early in the year. The cordura isn’t too bad about getting saturated if you’re kinda careful with it. But if the sun comes out and melts all that snow on your pack it can get saturated and heavy. I’ve never had too much of an issue with it though because I have a rain fly for my pack with me all the time and I will just throw it on in rain or wet snow.

Dry snow later in the year is pretty much a non issue.

OP
Lmman44

Lmman44

FNG
i love it! I packed camp in and out before the snow hit. hauled everything just fine. cinches down to dayhunt mode quite nicely too! the real test is yet to come. it needs some blood on it 😉🏹
For sure! Ya I was pleasantly surprised how small it gets for quick training hikes and day trips. Looking forward to giving a coues a backpack ride in December, fingers crossed. Have a great season!

OP
Lmman44

Lmman44

FNG
Man this is such a fun pack combo. Not only have I been able to use the Bane as a minimalist edc pack, I can just attach it quickly for training hikes and not have to transfer over any of my regular possibles items like first aid, flashlight, Leatherman, snacks, sunglasses and case, ipod and headphones, you name it. The Hoodlum compresses very well for day mode (much better than my old MR Metcalf, due to the webbing and strapping layout) and expands to easily accommodate 10 plus days in the backcountry. I don't have any images of it in the wild with 10 days of gear, but maybe I'll get a few this season. I've been hiking with it at least weekly and it's almost too comfy, especially hauling weight and leads me to bring more than I need sometimes haha! The side pockets are awesome and fit my ape case cubeze and camera equip perfectly, and on the other side it's the right size for my food and stove and extra liter of water for day mode. On longer trips I'll most likely use that pocket for my Lost Park Parka and or other weather related gear and get all my food in the main bag. I'm still working out positions for my tripod and pad, but after this season I should have my mind made up. Unless of course I end up getting more pouches/accessories and end up changing the layout of the Hoodlum Setup significantly. I'll keep this thread posted as it evolves. Enjoy the pics and feel free to ask any questions! 🤙🏼

PS I grabbed a cargo net off Kifaru Insiders just for fun when I need to carry all my fireworks and such 😂 I've used it to haul water for a stash and just threw the bane on top of it. Worked well enough!

It's the pancake kydex sheath that comes from Bradford, the maker of the knife. I attached it with a short molle lok. Another option if you have a different knife is Armatus Sheaths.
Awesome. Thanks very much. Good looking set up!

How does everyone use the meat shelf? I haven't found the best way to get the top to stay up good it seems to slump down. Here's a few photos of packing out deer and sheep. Ignore the blue strap it's a work in progress diy gun bearer.
e35c5dd9057a31e6e525462feb010fac.jpg
ded998143d2838a6ed076c73b1b0185b.jpg
bb8ca6f06248377e42d3c06699c10c6d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Love this pack. I put a standard lid on it so I could add a couple pouches. I have since taken it off. This thing will pack the kitchen sink if I want.

Attachments

• F928A180-02CF-4B88-8E9A-CCF383447CF9.jpeg
    F928A180-02CF-4B88-8E9A-CCF383447CF9.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 60AC7EC8-7DBB-4C11-8DFB-4407F1582324.jpeg
    60AC7EC8-7DBB-4C11-8DFB-4407F1582324.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 85

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
Man this is such a fun pack combo. Not only have I been able to use the Bane as a minimalist edc pack, I can just attach it quickly for training hikes and not have to transfer over any of my regular possibles items like first aid, flashlight, Leatherman, snacks, sunglasses and case, ipod and headphones, you name it. The Hoodlum compresses very well for day mode (much better than my old MR Metcalf, due to the webbing and strapping layout) and expands to easily accommodate 10 plus days in the backcountry. I don't have any images of it in the wild with 10 days of gear, but maybe I'll get a few this season. I've been hiking with it at least weekly and it's almost too comfy, especially hauling weight and leads me to bring more than I need sometimes haha! The side pockets are awesome and fit my ape case cubeze and camera equip perfectly, and on the other side it's the right size for my food and stove and extra liter of water for day mode. On longer trips I'll most likely use that pocket for my Lost Park Parka and or other weather related gear and get all my food in the main bag. I'm still working out positions for my tripod and pad, but after this season I should have my mind made up. Unless of course I end up getting more pouches/accessories and end up changing the layout of the Hoodlum Setup significantly. I'll keep this thread posted as it evolves. Enjoy the pics and feel free to ask any questions! 🤙🏼

PS I grabbed a cargo net off Kifaru Insiders just for fun when I need to carry all my fireworks and such 😂 I've used it to haul water for a stash and just threw the bane on top of it. Worked well enough!
What size is your cubeze? And do you like it, the size, does it carry what you feel you need, how much room do you have and what camera/lens are you able to pack in it? Thanks.