Hornady 90 Grain ELD-X

Fourteen

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve done a few searches and unable to find an answer about running this in a 243 with 1:9.25 twist for whitetails. I’m thinking I’m good but thought I’d ask the pros. I believe it has a little more controlled expansion than the SST.? First, will it be accurate “stabilize”? Second, will it be too controlled for a whitetail ( thinking it was not made for an elk in 243 anyways )?
Thanks for the answers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAKPAKR

WKR
They shoot well in my daughter’s 1:9 twist. She shot a doe with one in a reduced 243 load. It worked fine with quite a bit of damage to the lungs and a good exit wound.

OP
Fourteen

Fourteen

Lil-Rokslider
They shoot well in my daughter’s 1:9 twist. She shot a doe with one in a reduced 243 load. It worked fine with quite a bit of damage to the lungs and a good exit wound.

Wasn’t aware the eld-x came in a reduced recoil load. Any experience with the regular 90 eld-x?

OP
Fourteen

Fourteen

Lil-Rokslider
It was a reload using H4895. I have no experience with a full power load.

And congratulations to your daughter. This is for my daughter as well. Love seeing the kids getting involved.

Lawnboi

WKR
Wife and I shot 7 deer last year with the hornady precision hunter with 90g eldx out of a 10 twist 243. They shot well. Performance was very good. Rapid expansion, and quick kills. Small sample size but was very impressed with the damage they did.

OP
Fourteen

Fourteen

Lil-Rokslider
Wife and I shot 7 deer last year with the hornady precision hunter with 90g eldx out of a 10 twist 243. They shot well. Performance was very good. Rapid expansion, and quick kills. Small sample size but was very impressed with the damage they did.

That’s great! Care to share at what range?