Hornady A-Tip Match Bullets

Looks like they need an 8 twist. Which I have in the 300 RUM +P and Broz has in the 300 HCM.
Can’t wait to see some tests on them!
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the bullets not being cleaned before shipping? Don’t think it will be much trouble to clean them before loading IMO.

Broz

WKR
Can’t wait to see some tests on them!
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the bullets not being cleaned before shipping? Don’t think it will be much trouble to clean them before loading IMO.

Ya know, that did kinda bother me. I want them clean before they go down my barrel. Oil in a barrel (other than a rim fire) is bad juju. But I am with you, they should clean easily.

Outside of scenarshooters post a while back on 24hourcampfire haven't seen any pics from in the weeds.

Be curious to see how large the cavity is behind the alum tip.

Tumbleweed

Lil-Rokslider
Outside of scenarshooters post a while back on 24hourcampfire haven't seen any pics from in the weeds.

ae11abab9d1f18ebdd6ec7c0214fa16f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giggity giggity! Wonder if the jackets are the same as the ELDm or at least same thickness?

Can you say "perfect timing for the 300 High Country Magnum" 250 gr bullets with a G1 of .878 at 3200 plus.

Hopefully the jackets withstand that kind of horsepower! Is HCM a 300 Lapua improved variant?

joshf303

Lil-Rokslider

Pat said he killed just north of 60 coyotes this winter with the 110s and from what he saw there he wouldn't hesitate to use them on bigger game.

My 6.5 SAUM will definitely get some 153s through it.

Will be very interested to see like the others on here how they work on game, sounds like they will expand their line up in the future to enclude more calibers, very interested to see what they do with the .338 line as they have never went very heavy there.

Broz,
That hcm is going to be the king .30 cal and this is the crown to top it off, hope to hear stories and see videos from bear camp.

Ryan,
That rum should also make some bullets sail and have plenty of power for some real ling range kills.

Will be following the thread

Spoke with Hornady tech today. They said the bullet is most similar to the ELD-M design but with the aluminum tip. Designed for paper punchers and steel ringers. They didn't test any velocity requirements for expansion because, in their words, it isn't a hunting bullet.

Take it for what it's worth. I know some have used target bullets with success. I prefer a more rigid design for maximum effectiveness on game.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Spoke with Hornady tech today. They said the bullet is most similar to the ELD-M design but with the aluminum tip. Designed for paper punchers and steel ringers. They didn't test any velocity requirements for expansion because, in their words, it isn't a hunting bullet.

Take it for what it's worth. I know some have used target bullets with success. I prefer a more rigid design for maximum effectiveness on game.

They said the same thing about about the ELD-M. So did Berger about their target bullets. It’s obvious they can’t be trusted:)

Keep on hunting with those hunting bullets. I’m going to stick to the killing bullets. Plus it leaves more target bullets for me.

Broz

WKR
They said the same thing about about the ELD-M. So did Berger about their target bullets. It’s obvious they can’t be trusted:)

Keep on hunting with those hunting bullets. I’m going to stick to the killing bullets. Plus it leaves more target bullets for me.

I talked with a trusted source at Hornady as well just this morning again. They did state they "Hornady" is not condoning use of the A Tip on game as with their other target bullets like the ELD M. But they also stated they realize some of us will hunt with them and they acknowledge " The ELD M killes like the plague" True field testing as always will be the proof of terminal performance.

But I too have seen 100's of game animals and predators killed with what some refer to as "target bullets" and what I refer to as "Premium Killing Bullets" at distances where the "Premium Hunting bullets" fly through like a fmj and feed the coyotes and ravens.

Jeff