Hornady Black no longer offered in 6.5 CM? / Alternative practice ammo for 6.5 CM

sont5413

Lil-Rokslider
All,

I checked Hornady's website, and it looks like they are no longer offering their Hornady Black ammo in 6.5 CM. Is that right? It was a relatively inexpensive, accurate practice ammo.

Anyone know of a solid alternative at that price point?

nobody

WKR
I really like the American Gunner ammo through mine. It's hard to find (like everything), but pretty cost effective.

Outside Hornady, Sellier and Bellot does a 140 grain FMJ round nose that is INSANELY accurate IME, and it has been like 12 bucks a box of 20 at times. I would recommend both of these as good alternatives, as long as you can find it.

S&B 140 gr tactical has been unbelievably accurate. More accurate than the factory match ammo from the usual suspects and its freaking cheap.....

OP
S

sont5413

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like hornady black is still on the shelves. Both it and the american gunner are 140 gr BTHP. Are they the same bullet? Or if not, would my rifle zero'd with black be pretty close to the gunner?

My experiences with 6.5 American gunner is that its about the same as the .22lr 550 packs. Fun for making noise and mediocre accuracy. I only use it in gas guns because of this.
Sounds like hornady black is still on the shelves. Both it and the american gunner are 140 gr BTHP. Are they the same bullet? Or if not, would my rifle zero'd with black be pretty close to the gunner?

Motown

WKR
FWIW my Tikka will shoot the American Gunner ammo around 3/4 moa out to 400 yards. Haven’t pushed it any further than that yet.