Hornady LNL Case Prep Center

JDixon

FNG
Looking for a new case trimmer, anyone have experience with the Hornady Lock n Load Case Prep Center? Mainly concerned with the accuracy of the case trimmer.

I have one and am disappointed in it. It works decent, no complaints there. But the internal gears are nylon and one of mine cracked already. It renders that tool shaft useless. So now I have a 2 tool unit instead of 3. I suggest go with Lyman or RCBS. They are just a little more and I believe a better warranty as well as more tool shafts to start with.

OP
JDixon

JDixon

FNG
Currently using RCBS Trim Pro 2 with a cordless drill. Depth of cut adjustment collars are not very well thought out, set screw into threaded collar makes it a problem to adjust if you are trimming for different case lengths. Also using RCBS Trim Mate Case Prep Center, works fine. Also has plastic gears, have needed to disassemble and lube gears which helped.

Looking for a case trimmer that adjusts for multiple case lengths more easily and can be power driven, cordless drill is ok. Henderson makes a nice unit, which still may be an option. Would prefer to find something not so pricey.