Hornady Precision Hunter ELD-X 7mm 162gr Muzzle Velocity CA Ridgeline

Gents,
Anyone chronographing their 7mm Rem Mag Factory 162gr ELD-X freedom seeds out of a Christensen Arms Ridgeline?

I'm wanting to order some custom dope dials for mine.

I know they're not shooting as fast as the box says but I'm looking to get a good average consensus.

I understand that every rifle is different but if I can at least get it narrowed down it should serve my purposes.

Side note before anyone gets upset:
Despite being a little practice shooter I have not and will not ever take a shot of an animal what is further than absolutely necessary.
Comfortable well past 600yds but am steadfast in my resolve that if you can't get within 400yds, you're not trying hard enough!
Prefer to keep shots inside 200yds, whenever possible.

Thanks in advance and wishing you all best of luck in your tag raffles!

OP
W
Gents,
Anyone chronographing their 7mm Rem Mag Factory 162gr ELD-X freedom seeds out of a Christensen Arms Ridgeline?

I'm wanting to order some custom dope dials for mine.

I know they're not shooting as fast as the box says but I'm looking to get a good average consensus.

I understand that every rifle is different but if I can at least get it narrowed down it should serve my purposes.

Side note before anyone gets upset:
Despite being a little practice shooter I have not and will not ever take a shot of an animal what is further than absolutely necessary.
Comfortable well past 600yds but am steadfast in my resolve that if you can't get within 400yds, you're not trying hard enough!
Prefer to keep shots inside 200yds, whenever possible.

Thanks in advance and wishing you all best of luck in your tag raffles!

Well practiced*

OP
W
Even if you knew the actual velocity it doesn’t mean your custom turrets are going to be on.

Validate dope, then order turrets. Or just get MOA turrets.

I have a Vortex Razor HD LH on my 7mm Ridgeline and these dials are specifically for my scope. Kenton Industries is the company and they custom make each dial utilizing a laundry list of specifications you provide for them, muzzle velocity, specific bullet and BC, average altitude and temperature hunted, etc.
I've heard lots of good things about them and am anxious to try them out!

Like you mentioned they take a laundry list of things into account when they make a custom turret. Swap anyone of those variables and your turret is no longer as accurate. Just get a standard MOA turret and make up dope cards for various conditions you could be hunting in then and such. Then you aren't locked into one load, bullet, velocity, temperature, elevation, BC and such.

You can’t get an average velocity from a bunch of different rifles either. One rifle might shoot them 100fps faster than the box and the next rifle could be 200fps slow.

Like Luke mentioned, just get the MOA turrets. There’s no difference in the amount of clicks you’re going to dial for said elevation.

I'm using a sig BDX 2400 range finder, which has a built in ballistic calculator that gets you to 800 yards, I believe. Then I just leave my MOA/MIL turret on and let the rangefinder do the work. I believe if you have it bluetoothed to your phone while you're running it it will take into account some of the data the phone is capable of gathering/allowing you to input elevation temp etc.