Hot Summer Boot options

JordanAdams

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my Crispi Summit GTX boots for the summer months here in Nebraska. I wear them here at the ranch for just about everything even while we hay, scout, guide, fence, move cows, anything really. The only time i change to a different boot is when we start hunting the colder months otherwise the Crispi summits can handle and withstand all i run them through in both wet and dry conditions with the support needed to keep me from rolling my ankles both in the sandhills and in the river and creek bottoms/hillsides. I believe they are a 3 flex on the crispi stiffness chart and even though they dont have the ankle bone support build in like some crispi boots, the Summits really hold their own in that department even without it.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks interesting indeed. They didn't have the weight/specs listed when I went on their site. Have you seen how much they weigh?
I emailed them last week and haven’t heard back, might just give them a jingle

will be going through Bozeman the week after next, so will probably try a pair on (if they have them)

Hondo

WKR
You might want to look at the Kenetrek Desert Guide boots. It is a mid-height leather upper boot sans the waterproof membrane. I often wear a pair of those or Hanwag Bergler boots hunting during the hot weather in Texas which is most of the time. I wore the Hanwag's during a pretty hot September in Wyoming last year. Wearing high wicking socks, like a merino/coolmax blend with boots that don't have a membrane make a huge difference in comfort during high heat. Applying anti-perspirant to your feet helps too. I wear the unlined Danner Bull Run boots for ranch chores during the heat for the same reason.

Last edited:

2-Stix

WKR
I have been hiking, backpacking, light mountaineering and will do some scouting, early season (fair weather) hunting in Salomon 4d gtx

Craftydoc

FNG
I'm actually totally fine going non goretex, and as I think about it I'd like to go leather too. While it's heavier, after coming across a coiled rattler in a break in the tall grass last season, I prefer having my feet protected.
Might take a look at the Lowa leather lined boots. They make the Renegade and the Camino in leather lined. No gore-tex, so they'll definitely breathe better. I believe they also have a couple other models that are leather lined.