Hot tent | 4-season hybrid?

CORam

FNG
Forgive me if I don't post the video quite correctly. I have another thread about the temperature of floorless vs 4-season tents, but in my continued research I came across this YouTube video, and it looks interesting. It's a 4-season tunnel style tent that he added a stove jack to in the vestibule. This appears to allow him to retain the use of the nest and ultimately have a hot tent but also a good 4-season setup with or without a stove.

What do y'all think of this setup? What are the pros and cons of something like this, from your experience. Is it a good 2-in-1 system? Or is it wasted effort?

Thank you for your thoughts.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have a buddy with a setup like this. IMO, it’s not great. You lose a ton of heat out the vestibule and get massive swings in temp. If you aren’t looking to go with a wall tent, you would probably be happier with a 0° bag and a liner.

ADKHTR

Lil-Rokslider
A member on here sometime ago posted photos of a Hilleberg Nallo GT set up like Lone Wolf 902’s tent above, I was tempted to try it, eventually I decided cutting a hole in a $900 tent for a stove jack was not my style an opted for a Cimarron, I found the Cimarron a little too small for how I operate and have a Sawtooth on order, I went through the same thought process your having, in my opinion it’s better to just have 2 tents, and one dedicated hot tent.

ADKHTR

Lil-Rokslider