Hot Tent or Not for CO Archery Elk

11boo

WKR
I’m up at 9 and 10k feet here every bow season. The times I didn’t take my stove taught me always take the stove, but I’m truck camping, not packing.

RJC

Lil-Rokslider
I've only hunted CO for the last 2 years so we're working with a small sample size here but I would not bring one in unless you have a ton of rain in the forecast. Also, not sure what your honey hole/scouting situation looks like but if you need to move frequently the stove just becomes one extra piece to tear down/pack in the event you need to make a move.

If you're setting up camp at a truck...hell yeah, bring it.

rob86jeep

WKR
Last Sept I spent archery elk in CO (2018) at around 10k feet and was sweating through my shirts/getting sun burnt during the day. Nights got chilly, but not bad at all, and that was sleeping under an elevated tarp just in case it decided to rain at all during the night (which it didn't). I did have the stove in the truck just in case weather looked worse when we got to the mountain though.

I would bring it in the truck, but not haul it into the woods unless the forecast was for some crazy weather in Sept. I think the Cimarron w/out the stove for both of you makes most sense unless you plan on hunting/camping in different spots.