Hot tent setup for 3 guys

Elite

WKR
Hello guys I am now looking for a larger tipi after enjoying my solo one so much. I would like to be able to fit 3 guys and a stove in it and have some room for backpacks. It will be used for sheep hunting so weight is a huge factor. I also hike with the significant other and she enjoys sleeping close to me. So I am wondering with a size like the cimarron can 2 sleeping bags be placed next to each other with the stove in there? Or does one person have to sleep on ether end of the stove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I’m currently looking at the SO 8 for use with 3 to 4 people while September moose hunting and most likely 3 people for my Afognak hunt in October. During the summer it will be used without the stove for my family 5 (3 kids) plus a dog. It appears to be just under 13lbs total. I choose that size based off of the recommendations on SO’s website on what fits in each tent when you click on the Specifications tab.

X2 on the 8 man. I winter hunt and want to use the tipi during a summer camp trip with the family. The 8 man is setup for both.

SO with the carbon pole and sxl stove is what we use. Perfect, imo, for what you described. You can save a bit of weight going with a cylinder stove, but we like to heat water and cook on ours to supplement our stove usage.

LionHead

WKR
I imagine 3 in a redcliff if one is your significant other works well. This is the BCS2 predessesor to the redcliff.

we had me and my girl on the doublemat along with the fur babies and daughter slept on the stove side with one of the dogs snuggled up to her. It was tight but we managed. Also thankful the weather was nice so we weren't stuck inside all day.

Without the dogs I imagine the same scenario "could " work in a Cimarron with 2 on one side and 1 man on the stove side. A flat tarp for gear would be welcome bit a larger shelter would be better.

For reference I've also solo'd the above shelter while hunting
5691239edf0dd178dfc0b4d1427fbdb6.jpg
fbf611c0c838348e98a27f1cdc18013c.jpg
c92ac9148052abb02aea9e32b18344c1.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Thanks for the input so far guys! The SO 8 man looks like a palace inside. Definitely looking at this one a little more closely but it is heavy for a sheep hunt and the large flat area needed to pitch it might be hard to find in sheep country.

The redcliff also looks like a good size. Would be tight for 3 guys and a stove tho by the looks of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 8 man with 3 and a stove is do-able. 4 and a stove, if on pads and not cots, can be done, but your pack room will be limiting. What I do when it is snug is put the pack into a trash bag and wedge it into the unusable space at the far outside. If you aren't packing into Afognak, definitely get the liners too. I think mine with stove and liners is right at 15 pounds.

I have the Redcliff and it is a great set up for 3 and a stove. Especially if this is a sheep hunt and you wont be taking a ton of stuff.
The biggest draw back to the Redcliff is the foot print. If you have the area its a non issue. Some sheep hunts can be selfish on finding that much of a foot print.
But as far as size and weight, yep a 3 man is no issue even with a stove.
I looked at the Cimm, but for a small weight increase, for what I got in the RC, it was a no brainer.