Hot Tent Stove Question

Recently bought a Seek outside cimmaron. I am currently looking for a good deal on a stove, I have noticed that many of you mix and match stoves and shelters, brandwise, but it seems that many of the different brands and tents have different diameter stove pipes, are you trimming your stove jack to fit? Or are you buying the smaller or bigger rings corresponding to your tent and then retrofitting to your stove? What is the best way to ensure a good fit?

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We cut our stove jacks a little undersized so they'll fit smaller diameter pipes. Our new U-Turn stoves will use a smaller pipe as well. To fit a bigger pipe you simply extend the slices a bit to open it up.

generalist

Lil-Rokslider
I've no experience with other combos, but the Lite Outdoors stove pipe works with no modification with the Cimmaron.

OP
We cut our stove jacks a little undersized so they'll fit smaller diameter pipes. Our new U-Turn stoves will use a smaller pipe as well. To fit a bigger pipe you simply extend the slices a bit to open it up.

Would love more info and a rough release date on the new stove! In the event that I can’t find a deal on a used stove I will likely be buying a Seek outside stove, and would love to know what the updates and advantages are.

I'm pretty happy with the Lite Outdoors stove in my Cimarron. I ordered a little longer stove pipe (7' I IIRC). I had some creosote issues with the baffle but I had really punky wood when that happened. I ordered a TiGoat spark arrestor and am going to try running without the baffle.