Hot tent stove reccomendations?

reaper

WKR
I'm currently trying to decide between the Seek Outside U-turn and the Lite Outdoors 18" stove and came across one of these locally:
https://peregrineequipment.com/pere...anium-wood-burning-tent-stove-10-chimney.html

It looks very similar to the Seek Outside. Anyone familiar with this brand? If it sells before I can get to it, then Seek Outside or Lite Outdoors?
Go with the seekoutside stove.For the price I'll go with the standard,if you know you'll use it a lot the standard have better life time VS a body made of a titanium foil(U-turn and LiteOutdoors)The slidding door design from seek is the best imo,having a stove with a door hinge on a side always pissed me off in the dark and if you are two in the shelter both of you can feed the stove easily with a slidding door.

If you a crazy about weight go with the U-turn stove,cylinder stove it's a PITA.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
zion zig zag
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize the two different SO models. Seems like the regular version is only about 12 ounces heavier, and you think it's worth the weight penalty?

reaper

WKR
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize the two different SO models. Seems like the regular version is only about 12 ounces heavier, and you think it's worth the weight penalty?
100%....with time a body made of titanium foil will get warp or bend,I prefer a solid wall of titanium....don't overtight your wing nuts on any models.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

TonyG86

FNG
I’ve had in the past, with carbon pole, total system is very light

mtodd

FNG
Does anyone know how well a Seek Outside large U-Turn will heat up a Cimmaron shelter in very cold weather? I’m thinking about buying a Cimmaron Ultralight.

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
Go with the SEEK. they are great! I have the courthouse tent and the large regular stove. It keeps the courthouse nice and toasty!
they have great customer service too. Give them a call with any questions..

Just a note on the SO U-turn, I reached out to them and they said I could special order standard stove sides/rear if I wasn't totally happy with the foil. They sell a U-turn conversion kit to turn a standard into a U-turn, but not the other way around (hence the special order).

I'm only familiar with the standard SO in the SXL. I really like it. Can't comment on the others. Guess it depends how critical weight is. I will say we use ours a lot for cooking and/or just supplemental water heating in the evenings (a pot of water hot all evening for tea, cocoa, toddies, hot nalgene bottles for sleeping bags, etc. We even had a complete filter failure one year and boiling water on the woodstove supplemented iodine tablets to keep us in safe water.

You can keep water warm putting a pot on a cylinder stove but i'd guess its a lot harder to get it to boiling.

I think pretty much any size stove will keep a Cimarron plenty warm - its more a matter of how often you want to feed it and how much wood prep is required. My SXL is for my 8 man. It will drive you out of there if you keep it stoked up hot, but you can also put some 4-5 inch diameter rounds in there once it gets going and not have to feed it for an hour or more.

Have fun!

Does anyone know how well a Seek Outside large U-Turn will heat up a Cimmaron shelter in very cold weather? I’m thinking about buying a Cimmaron Ultralight.
It can get it very hot lol. And its quite sturdy, ive cooked and melted quite a lot of snow on mine but i can see the strength and ease of setup advantages of having the standard as well. I am gonna get the standard sides and back for mine for when weight isn't as important. I gotta imagine the standard will be easier to set up too

kevf

FNG
I got the large standard from seek outside. I have a LBO, but that stove would heat well a Cimarron, fairly sure.

I was not confident enough in the u-shape one to hold it's shape...

Superdoo

WKR
Have any of you went from a Liteoutdoors stove to a SO U-turn???
I am looking at getting a stove for my Silex and the U-turn looks like a PITA to put together versus the LO.
Can someone prove me wrong on that?