Hot weather boots?

Hey guys! Looking for some advice on some lightweight sturdy boots for hunting in hot weather. My local season is usually 80-100 degrees.
Anyone have any opinions on the following boots:

Salomon quest 4D- Read they might be to insulated
Lowa zephyr gtx
Lowa innox
Under armor speed freaks

Any other recommendations? I need a boot with some decent ankle support also as I hunt in some steep desert terrain.

Last edited:

*zap*

WKR
Bellville has a 'tactical research' division. They make a Kyber mountain boot with and without waterproof inserts. I have both and the non waterproof really breath well. Made in china but mine have had no issues in one year and I use them trail hiking on rocky trails.....my Salomon's got tore up on those trails fast but they were not 4d's. The Kybers have a real good heel box support. I have the side zip models.

Highly recommend and for a less expensive boot I am very happy. They have zero insulation.

If you really want boots for hot weather, you need to find something without goretex. They breathe way better than boots with a waterproof membrane.

I know most people are afraid of getting their feet wet, but I think a pair of light, quick drying non-waterproof boots should be in everyones quiver. Yeah, your feet will get wet once in while, but they dry waaayyy faster than something with goretex.

Lowa makes a few leather lined models that don't have goretex. Oboz also has some options but they might not be as stiff/sturdy as you are looking for.

Hondo

WKR
Ditto on the leather lined with no waterproof-breathable membrane. I wear Hanwag Bergler, Alico Guide and Kenetrek Desert Guide boots in high heat. The nylon-leather sneaker type boots don't hold up nor provide adequate protection & support in my experience.