Hot weather desert pant for archery?

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
Love my Sitka apex pants for elk in September in Colorado, but My lower legs get destroyed in the cactus in CA and AZ on deer hunts. Recommend some high end pants that have good cactus/brush thorn resistance?

I have FL Guide Lights and they are very durable, but very loud. My favorite is the Sitka Ascent though. I’m going with solids and a leafy suit when I sit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have FL Guide Lights and they are very durable, but very loud. My favorite is the Sitka Ascent though. I’m going with solids and a leafy suit when I sit.

I’m in AZ btw.

jmez

WKR
Ascent aren't loud at all. They would offer zero protection of your legs in thorns and cactus.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

TheGDog

WKR
I have some FirstLite pants that are for hot weather, they are awesome and comfy, but no, poor protection from pokeys. Think those two things just sorta go hand-in-hand, unfortunately. I'm often wearing the 3D Leafy suit on top of all that. Or.. the Kill Suit Mesh Ghillie Suit SAPR-length. That Kill Suit Mesh Ghillie is AWESOME in the heat BTW!! Get the SAPR suit though, don't bother getting a Regular sized Jacket+Pants combo. If you walk around with the pants on, the bottom of the legs catch everything and get kinda thrashed. Also with a lot of wear with the backpack on, the Mesh suit has the mesh strips getting pulled a lot from the backpack riding on your back so some of the rows of hanging mesh can have the stitching pull out. Doesn't really affect the excellent camo effect of it though.

Some pants that aren't technically "lightweight" pants, but do me very well on not being too hot on 95+ F days are the several I have by Natural Gear. And those protect pretty decent against pokeys. And for SURE ton more durable in terms of withstanding the poking. I literally have to bust thru like... I'd say a good solid 4 miles each way of overgrowth on this one single track trail I take. The kinda stuff where you have to hold your bow up above your shoulder to protect the string. So lotta experience with pokeys. They protected me from stinging nettle too... whereas the shirt I had on did not. (Ow!)

Scorpion

WKR
FL Sawbuck would provide the resistance but will be loud due to the cordura, if camo isn’t important maybe try the 5.11 Stryke. I’ve worn my 5.11’s and Prana Brion a lot in Sonora for Coues and haven’t torn them up too bad. Sitka Ascent would also be a good choice but they won’t protect tour legs.

Norm555

WKR
I like my kuiu tiburon for warm weather hunts but they aren't super durable against thorns/cat claw. I've heard their kutana pants are pretty durable and relatively lightweight.

Northpark

WKR
I live in AZ. Love my tiburons from kuiu. Then again I’m like a dang walking advertisement for kuiu. They don’t stop thorns but at least they don’t seem to pull on catclaw like the attack pants do.

I live in AZ. Love my tiburons from kuiu. Then again I’m like a dang walking advertisement for kuiu. They don’t stop thorns but at least they don’t seem to pull on catclaw like the attack pants do.

Have you tried the Kutana’s? I live and guide in S Texas and I’ve been tempted to try them. I heard they’re pretty durable. Man, I HATE catclaw!! I was in it today.. like most days.

OP - you’re chasing a unicorn, brother! Lol. What about wearing a pair of gaiters over something really lightweight like the Kuiu Tiburons? Then, when you have to put on a stalk, you could remove them if they’re too noisy for you. Just a thought.

Northpark

WKR
Have you tried the Kutana’s? I live and guide in S Texas and I’ve been tempted to try them. I heard they’re pretty durable. Man, I HATE catclaw!! I was in it today.. like most days.

I haven’t. Honestly I’ve been wearing my attacks lately but that’s because a.) it’s gotten chilly like in the 50s and 60s and b.) it bow season so the attacks are quieter. I’ll look into the Kutanas though.

MattB

WKR
Kuiu Tiburon. We genreally hunt in 90-100 degree weather here in CA and they are really nice.