Hound hunting forum

OP
K

kyleds8

FNG
v true. I've had a great experience on Rokslide so far, people in general seem a lot more helpful, enthusiastic and active on here than on biggamehoundsmen, only hounds forum i've been on. would be great to bring that mentality to the oft petty + ornery houndsman community

jmez

WKR
Likely would be very little traffic on a sub forum. Post stuff in the predator forum with hound stuff.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Coldtrail

WKR
Beat me to it, I have had hounds in my yard most of my life, but the bad thing about a hound forum is having to listen to hound hunters. I'm in the rare group where my dogs actually screw up sometimes and are not champions 24/7/365 so kind of an outcast in that regard 😁.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Beat me to it, I have had hounds in my yard most of my life, but the bad thing about a hound forum is having to listen to hound hunters. I'm in the rare group where my dogs actually screw up sometimes and are not champions 24/7/365 so kind of an outcast in that regard 😁.
I'm still trying to figure out how every hound hunter can have "the best dogs in the state"

Coldtrail

WKR
It is definitely kind of a glass half full crowd. Spend all day chasing a rutting elk instead of a lion and it's the elk's fault....unless it's Plott hounds, then it's because they have so much more drive than any other hound that they just need to chase SOMETHING! "Those plotts just gotta bring the fight to them, never a bad day huntin' " 😁

That's right....a breed specific dig, let the drama begin! 😂

This request will unfortunately probably end up with the request(s) for a Small Game forum. Hound would be a great sub for SG. Sometimes folks forget that small game filled the stomachs of those who built the USA and that there is not much more majestic than a pack of hounds and a cornered black bear.

jmez

WKR
Beat me to it, I have had hounds in my yard most of my life, but the bad thing about a hound forum is having to listen to hound hunters. I'm in the rare group where my dogs actually screw up sometimes and are not champions 24/7/365 so kind of an outcast in that regard .
Sounds like we are in the same boat! I also suffer in that I love running and listening to hounds. I don't care what color they are or what " line" they came from.

Coldtrail

WKR
Agree, done properly hound hunting is a team sport with hunter and dog. A guy learns so much more following his dogs than following the internet forums. Never understood the hound hunter that turns his dogs loose and watches them as GPS dots on a screen from his truck, more fun to be right there with them & part of the hunt....keeps the fat off the owner too!

Michael54

WKR
Any of yall guys run Dans gear?
Some but mostly i run Mule gear myself. Mike and nancy at okie will customize to exactly what and how i want it. It costs a bit more but nobody else was willing to do a lightweight windbreaker/dwr/ brush jacket hard shell with pit zips that run down the sides in blaze orange. I called them yesterday and the order is already at their seamstress. I should have it in two weeks

PLEASE don't soil rokslide with a hounds section. Fb has enough hounds drama for everyone....competing with hounds is a pain in the ass btw. Its the one sport where there are like 5 different federations and 5 different styles so people can justify titles on their dogs with a new format if they suck at one of the other ones. Every season starts with people begging to buy "excellent dogs" for pennies and ends with people trying to sell "excellent dogs" for top dollar. When in reality nobody is selling their best dog before the season and damned sure not at the end of the season after they clearly know what the dog can do....

BoTheHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Some but mostly i run Mule gear myself. Mike and nancy at okie will customize to exactly what and how i want it. It costs a bit more but nobody else was willing to do a lightweight windbreaker/dwr/ brush jacket hard shell with pit zips that run down the sides in blaze orange. I called them yesterday and the order is already at their seamstress. I should have it in two weeks

PLEASE don't soil rokslide with a hounds section. Fb has enough hounds drama for everyone....competing with hounds is a pain in the ass btw. Its the one sport where there are like 5 different federations and 5 different styles so people can justify titles on their dogs with a new format if they suck at one of the other ones. Every season starts with people begging to buy "excellent dogs" for pennies and ends with people trying to sell "excellent dogs" for top dollar. When in reality nobody is selling their best dog before the season and damned sure not at the end of the season after they clearly know what the dog can do....
I cant decide between the dans briarproof hoodie or the mule hoody.

Michael54

WKR
I cant decide between the dans briarproof hoodie or the mule hoody.
Mule fits bigger than dans and the material is a lot tougher and takes longer to break in. Size one size down in Mule gear. Dans is usually more comfortable the day it shows up. Ive replaced dans gear due to wear and tear, i havent replaced mule gear.

Michael54

WKR
What kind of wear and tear? Will dans cover it?
Multaflora rose rips and honestly i dont know if they would or not. Its damage caused by heavy wear and by me. I dont think id feel comfortable asking tbh. Ive gotten enough wear out of them that i'm fine buying new ones.

Elknr1975

FNG
Sounds like we are in the same boat! I also suffer in that I love running and listening to hounds. I don't care what color they are or what " line" they came from.

Some of my best dogs are mutts with 5-6 different breeds.