Houston area Western Hunters

BXB77

FNG
Anybody in the Houston area that is training for a backpack hunt out west, and needs a training/hiking partner PM me. Unfortunately I was a little to aggressive with my applications this year and didn't draw any tags out west. I would be happy to meet up and do a training hike and talk western hunting.

TXYeti

FNG
Just realized I don't have the necessary posts for that. Looks like I need to quit lurking and start contributing to the forum.

I'm in Katy bud. Been loading my pack and hiking some and ready to do more. Definitely would like to link up with like minded folks in our area.

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
Didn't realize there were so many of us Tomball residents on here. Unfortunately like Choog I've been two-blocked with family recently, but let me know if you get a hike going and I'll try and get away. Archery season in CO this year showed me how out of shape I've gotten sitting at home in front of a desk, time to get off my ass!

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
Any of ya'll doing any hunts this year? I'm in Kingwood. Been up to the Sam Houston National Forest to hike a couple times this year with my gear in preparation. Would be nice to do a group hike if possible, or even just talk hunting.

OP
B

BXB77

FNG
Any of ya'll doing any hunts this year? I'm in Kingwood. Been up to the Sam Houston National Forest to hike a couple times this year with my gear in preparation. Would be nice to do a group hike if possible, or even just talk hunting.
I will be going somewhere this year. If I don't draw New Mexico next week. I will try for Wyoming. I would be up for a training hike in the Sam.

TxAg

Lil-Rokslider
Tomball reporting in. If you see a guy in shorts and Schnees rucking around the elementary school, honk and wave at me.

Son of a gun, just moved to San Antonio lol. If y’all end up doing a hike around SHNF, let me know and I’ll make a trip back!

Im down in league city. I work offshore and would be down. I work offshore and have gotten fat. Really need to whip my back end into shape if im ever going to have a chance at western hunting. Doing a Nebraska mule deer this year with a buddy to sort of dip my toes into open country hunting.

In montgomery if any of you tomball montgomery guys are still around. Season is pretty full this year but solo hunt and flexible after this year with a couple of points in most states.