How accurate are prefit barrels?

Djacker

WKR
Hey guys this may be a dumb question but what kind of accuracy can you expect from a prefit barrel? I'm looking at getting a proof research savage prefit for a build. Haven't been able to find very many forum reviews on the prefit accuracy. Thanks

codym

WKR
It depends on the blank and who is doing the pre-fit. I will say in my experience accuracy has been great. I have a criterion prefit that’s well under 1/2 moa and better with a better shooter than myself. Just ordered a proof 280 ai shouldered prefit for a bighorn SR3. Stock is 3 months out so won’t be able to give a report on that for a while but my experience with proof blanks had been awesome so I’m expecting nothing less with the prefit.

tdhanses

WKR
Have you looked at CarbonSix barrels? They have a 10% off sale “summer19”. I haven’t used one but have heard great things, have one on order, they are out 4-4.5 months currently. I have a proof carbon and it is a great barrel but once you buy it and have it chambered and fitted it gets expensive. Now with a prefit that should save some cash.