How are guys finding ammo?

Maverick1

WKR
we are not all in this together, plenty of folks looking out for themselves. That is just the reality of the situation we are all in together.
We are not all in this together.....the situation we are all in together...... (?)

Fordguy

WKR
I'm really looking for some 30-06 elk ammo. I'm not expecting to draw, but I have strange luck that way. It would be my luck to draw a tag and not be able to find ammo. Lol

fmyth

WKR
I'm really looking for some 30-06 elk ammo. I'm not expecting to draw, but I have strange luck that way. It would be my luck to draw a tag and not be able to find ammo. Lol
$57.99 for a box might be cheap insurance. You could spend that on gas driving around looking at all the local stores this fall when the shelves are still empty and gas is $4/gal.

Fordguy

WKR
You're probably right, though I'm still hoping to find a heavier bullet. 165 to 180 grain would make me happy. I just dont have any experience on game with 150 core lokts, but beggars can't be choosers.

Rich M

WKR
You're probably right, though I'm still hoping to find a heavier bullet. 165 to 180 grain would make me happy. I just dont have any experience on game with 150 core lokts, but beggars can't be choosers.
150 core lokts will kill an elk as well as a similar speed 6.5 CM bullet.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm not familiar with this ammo, but FYI:

Maverick1

WKR
Exactly, we are all in the same situation together but we are not in it together......which is a phrase that generally denotes we are all acting toward for the greater good. Maybe to deep?
Too deep. ;)

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider

I ordered some through Pendleton ammo a few weeks ago. About 4 weeks lead time

sndmn11

WKR

I have some precision hunter. https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/30-06-ammunition.196182/

The biggest problem I see when people talk about not finding ammo, is they want it at a discount. There is absolutely ammo around. This week I have seen in stores oodles of .223, .270, 6.5cm, 30-06, 6cm, so on and so forth.

*zap*

WKR
This week I have seen almost no ammo at all in the three stores in my county of 100,000+ that sell ammo...the range got in some .40 and has it for sale for non range use.....that's all they have for sale for taking out the door. $35 for a box of 50 target ammo.

kda082

WKR
I got a box of 9mm this weekend, but thats after purchasing a pistol and that box was hidden in the back, not on the shelves. I havent found 9mm since spring or early summer. A truck comes in on Mon but I’m sure the same guys are there every Mon to buy it up. Check Armslist, youll find it there marked up. Thanks!

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I guess it depends on how, where and for what you are looking. I got alerts for 270, 25-06 and 30-06 this week. Most were expensive, but not all.

Sportsmans Warehouse in South Carolina. Things have been getting back to normal for quite some time. Even picked up a box of -06.

Still can’t find anything online but I’d be surprised if we were the exception for in-store stock? maybe i should be selling on the classifieds

F2308E6C-B98A-4ADF-9630-F8BF9193BC3B.jpeg

Fordguy

WKR
I've started to see .223 and 308 target ammo at one of the local shops. Hopefully the trend continues.