How are guys finding ammo?

Mosby

WKR
I have a couple of calibers I used to buy ammo for because I never really shot them much. I am going to reload for those calibers going forward. I bought some Hornady dies for each caliber a long time ago when they gave you free bullets. Never used the dies up till now but this is the type of shortage I bought them for.
A new spring project to clean them up and get them set up in my press. Never used Hornady dies before either so I'll see how they do.

Wib

Lil-Rokslider
Amazes me how you still can not find shotgun shells for grouse and pheasant. Waterfowl loads and turkey loads, but nothing near me or online that I can find.

fmyth

WKR
Amazes me how you still can not find shotgun shells for grouse and pheasant. Waterfowl loads and turkey loads, but nothing near me or online that I can find.
Basspro.com had a bunch of Herters an hour ago. You might want to set up alerts at ammoseek.com.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 10.20.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 10.20.37 AM.png
    50 KB · Views: 21

Wib

Lil-Rokslider
I watched the Federal podcast, other manufacturers also saying they're loading ammo as fast as they can. Are they really? Has "fast as they can" obtained a new definition? Is there maybe something else at play?

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
Shops around me have been getting some ammo in but not really common calibers, one shop did get in some 9mm practice ammo and 223 ammo, managed to get a box of each do their stipulations. Recieved a care package today of 300 win mag hunting ammo since I was running low from a ole army buddy that manages a gun store in a different state.

Attachments

• IMG_20210309_105332001.jpg
    IMG_20210309_105332001.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 37
My local Walmart’s have had shotgun shells. I bought a couple cases the other day for shooting some skeet.

Rich M

WKR
I watched the Federal podcast, other manufacturers also saying they're loading ammo as fast as they can. Are they really? Has "fast as they can" obtained a new definition? Is there maybe something else at play?

I agree. The flurries of available stuff seem kind of weak IMO.

We do have a bunch of guys just buying stuff cause it is a bullet or gun related and then trying to sell it online for a quick profit. They aren't helping matters.

Your average Joe buying a few boxes from the store is not the problem.

The people buying it from the people who are buying out the stores is the problem.....they continue to keep these scabbers in business....

When people stop buying it from individuals who are buying it in bulk from the stores to turn a profit the ammo crisis will slow down....and hopefully the people intentionally buying out store shelves for the purpose of profit will be left hung out to dry where they belong....

People are so stupid to be feeding a unnecessary middle man....

I have NEVER bought a box of ammo from an individual. Ever.

Jstolte

FNG
Your average Joe buying a few boxes from the store is not the problem.

The people buying it from the people who are buying out the stores is the problem.....they continue to keep these scabbers in business....

When people stop buying it from individuals who are buying it in bulk from the stores to turn a profit the ammo crisis will slow down....and hopefully the people intentionally buying out store shelves for the purpose of profit will be left hung out to dry where they belong....

People are so stupid to be feeding a unnecessary middle man....

I have NEVER bought a box of ammo from an individual. Ever.

PREACH! No matter how desperate I am, I would not buy ammo from these low-lives.

WCB

WKR
No not a new definition and no nothing else is at play.

Jpace

FNG
I’d like to hear some winning strategies for finding ammunition. I’ve got exactly 31 rounds of 7mm RM Precision Hunter and about 60 rounds of 6.5CM Precision Hunter ammunition left. I’ve got dope built for those two bullets, but I can’t find them anywhere. AmmoSeek hasn’t had them in a couple of months. I’m not paying $90 for a box on Midway. The manufacturers are still making bullets, so where are they going? How are you guys getting ammunition? What should I be doing to maximize my chance of getting enough ammo for practice and hunting season???
I have found ammo such as 6mm Creedmoor available so I bought a bunch of it then bought the rifle to shoot it. Kind of backward but it worked and it was a good excuse to give my wife because she likes to hunt and shoot also.

coast range

Lil-Rokslider
I was in cabelas in Eugene today. The took out the ammo aisle and put in other firearm related crap. That’s not good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kda082

WKR
I saw boxes of Blazer .40 at Academy on Mon. I was excited until I remembered I dont have a .40 anymore.

Chasecm69

FNG
I usually check on online forums, I should start reloading, but need a few more items and alot more free time.

MTHunter20

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered some from Choice Ammo in Victor, MT last week. They said about 3 weeks depending on when they get the bullets I want. I’d give them a call because they’ll be able to give you a better idea of what they have and the lead times that way.

sndmn11

WKR
Federal has some on their website and more coming up. Their pro site has had a big selection, and they generally open orders their first followed by having it available on their site. Should be some coveted premium and fusion loads available soon.