How are guys finding ammo?

No not a new definition and no nothing else is at play.
This^^^^

I have a good friend in production @ Federal and they're running as hard as they can while trying to keep good help on the production lines. All shifts, mandatory OT, 3x pay on holidays, etc... Doesn't matter what they make (minus some obscure African game calibers) it's being shipped as fast as it's made.

Article in one of the more recent American Rifleman with Hornady sounded much of the same....

dboone3

Lil-Rokslider
I used Reddit and the /r/instock subreddit. There’s an app on iOS that can alert you as soon as a post is made with a keyword, which I used to find 9mm and 223. I actually managed to get decent prices with 9mm at 37 cents a round and 223 at 65 cents. I bought 1000 of each.

wyosam

WKR
I go out to the reloading cave (as my wife calls it) and make some. Kind of had to be stocked up on components a year ago for that to be a viable plan though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local firearm forum (Carolinafirearmforum) has quite the barter economy going!
The asking prices are high but trading what you've got for what you need seems to be a good option

mtnlomo

FNG
I have found and bought a lot of old reloading materials from my grandpa and dad's old friends who have for health reasons stopped shooting and hunting, then stock piling said reloading materials, now I'm set for life at age 22.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
i work in a gunstore/online store. here's the best i can offer. find an app or set an ammoseek alert and make sure it goes to your phone. make sure you have accounts set up at the major sites. have auto-fill enabled on your phone/browser so you dont have to type in credit card numbers and addresses etc. ammo that is reasonably priced is going to disappear within 60-120 seconds. the only ammo you're going to find sitting online will probably be because the price is obnoxious.

case in point, i'll put 5 boxes of 9mm online, it'll be in multiple carts in the first few minutes. the phone will start ringing with people who think calling in is faster than online checkout (not true). i can see our website traffic spike with 100-200 people vying for that ammo. and then we'll get a few emails and calls of people complaining our site wouldn't let them check out (because the ammo was already sold by the time they clicked Submit).

it's not going to get better any time soon.

BCD

WKR
i work in a gunstore/online store. here's the best i can offer. find an app or set an ammoseek alert and make sure it goes to your phone. make sure you have accounts set up at the major sites. have auto-fill enabled on your phone/browser so you dont have to type in credit card numbers and addresses etc. ammo that is reasonably priced is going to disappear within 60-120 seconds. the only ammo you're going to find sitting online will probably be because the price is obnoxious.

case in point, i'll put 5 boxes of 9mm online, it'll be in multiple carts in the first few minutes. the phone will start ringing with people who think calling in is faster than online checkout (not true). i can see our website traffic spike with 100-200 people vying for that ammo. and then we'll get a few emails and calls of people complaining our site wouldn't let them check out (because the ammo was already sold by the time they clicked Submit).

it's not going to get better any time soon.
What app would you suggest?

Thank You!

TheGDog

WKR
Friend was stating someone he knew who was in Nat'l Guard says that they are just stock-piling right now. Even though they didn't need it. This info is 3rd hand, so make of that what you will. I have to imagine Military and LEO totally is because they know the public has had it with govt BS.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
What app would you suggest?

Thank You!
unfortunately i have no idea what apps people are using. i'm sure there's a reddit forum somwhere discussing this amazing technology if you're brave enough to go down a reddit rabbit hole. i know often it's the same people buying up our stock within a minute or two of it going online so there's something getting them a notice.

sndmn11

WKR
The store down the street solved the ammo problem so well, their shelves are full and they are stacking on the floor.

.22lr aguila at $29 per 50
Barnes vortx 300wm TTSX $110 per 20
9mm steel case tula $49 per 50

No limit.

tp308

Lil-Rokslider
My LGS seems to have a decent selection (including .308 ELD-x yest) and I saw .22 lr, 6.5 Creedmoor and 12 gauge shells at a local farm store today for the first time in 6 mos...